Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

The police some amazing restraint in this country

Which is exactly why they think its acceptable they can abuse them like they do mate.

I'd have cuffed the lot of them and carted them off making them spend the weekend at the station.

That third to last paragraph. I’ve seen plenty of that happen too.....around football matches time and time again.
I’ve seen so much moaning about the behaviour of the police from people attending all manner of protests during lockdown. Personally, I think the police have generally been soft as shite throughout all this and nothing I’ve seen comes close to some of the shitty behaviour down the years against football fans who are discriminated against by the police more than any other group of people in the country.

Football policing has been slow to change. We’re not in the 1980s, football culture has changed fundamentally, and the threat posed by football fans is quite low. Yet there is still an expectation of disorder, so we still get public order policing applied to football, and public order policing relies on coercive tactics.

what’s happened to this woman is horrendous and I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t want this man left alone with her male family members in a locked room, I just don’t understand the protests, what are they protesting ?
I don’t understand exactly what these protests will achieve, either.

People picket, chant, cause shit until they can’t be arsed to signal their messages anymore then it all just fades away and they get on with their lives.

Surely by now, they would be a bit more forward-thinking and proactive. All I see here is reactive behaviour. Why it took a murder with very little public knowledge of what actually happened, for a lot of woman to start preaching these issues is beyond me.

And that’s not saying that these conversations don’t need to be had, or aren’t relevant in today’s society, but I’m just a little confused at the endgame, and the relevance to Sarah Everard herself.

And that’s not saying that these conversations don’t need to be had, or aren’t relevant in today’s society, but I’m just a little confused at the endgame, and the relevance to Sarah Everard herself.

This isn't about the power of persuasion, It's about power.

It's about changing the conversation, and you only do that by upsetting the power dynamic, you put those who have the power on the back foot, and it's then, and only then, that they will concede.

and then sat down with the nurses and planned their demonstration closely followed by Piers Corbyn and...... where do we say enough is enough ? Why are they allowed to hold a vigil and yet Corbyn isn't ?

And all the while forgetting it was the police who they sre abusing who investigated the horrific murder and arrested someone for it.

And remembering it was a policeman that murdered a young woman having exposed himself in a McDonalds. From the same police force that refused to work with original organisers of last night to make sure it was safe. They’ve fucked this up royally.

What happened yesterday was avoidable.

The vigil was not authorised by the local authorities, and under the current rules illegal. The police were screwed either way.

Yes, you can say 'what about the police in Glasgow last week letting Rangers fans celebrate' or what about.... this or that, but it doesn't matter. It was taken at face value by the Met Police and they deemed it the right course of action to enforce the law in this instance. The attendee's were give EVERY opportunity to disperse peacefully and they chose confrontation.

Maybe the police could have engaged in dialogue with the organisers (maybe they did), and it could have been altogether different, instead both sides have come away from this looking bad and the actual reason for the vigil has been lost in the noise.

Had huge sympathy with the vigil yesterday.

thought the police handled it appaulingly, especially compared to the BLM protests and counter protests, just looked like picking on an easy target.

Today though looks like all the local pro-protestors are in there milking it for their own ends, disgraceful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.