Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

He pleaded guilty to kidnapping Ms Everard "unlawfully and by force or fraud" on 3 March.

What's your take on that last bit mate ?
It’s simply the wording required to be set out on any indictment for the common law offence of kidnap, which will be provided for in Archbold/Blackstones. It doesn’t mean fraud is engaged here, but tricking her to get into the car, without deploying any force, for the purposes of taking her, without her consent and without lawful excuse is still kidnap.

Let's bookmark this and see how it has aged in 12 years
If convicted of murder he’ll get a whole life order. Guaranteed.

(As alleged) a planned attack, a gratuitous sexual element, vulnerable victim, attempt to destroy the body and an egregious breach of trust. Inconceivable he’d get anything less.

He pleaded guilty to kidnapping Ms Everard "unlawfully and by force or fraud" on 3 March.

What's your take on that last bit mate ?

It’s just the standard wording of the definition and scope of the offence , nothing out of the ordinary.

Quite archaic language nowadays, substitute fraud for deception. Kidnap needs to involve at least one, though this one probably involved both.

It’s simply the wording required to be set out on any indictment for the common law offence of kidnap, which will be provided for in Archbold/Blackstones. It doesn’t mean fraud is engaged here, but tricking her to get into the car, without deploying any force, for the purposes of taking her, without her consent and without lawful excuse is still kidnap.

Thats just the wording of the offence. It is the definition of kidnap in English Law.

It’s just the standard wording of the definition and scope of the offence , nothing out of the ordinary.

Quite archaic language nowadays, substitute fraud for deception. Kidnap needs to involve at least one, though this one probably involved both.
Oddly, I don't remember that last part, shows how much attention I paid.

Cheers.

You are certainly wumming with that. If he doesn't get a whole life tariff I would expect to be in excess of 30 years because it is a murder that involved kidnap and rape.
You have more faith in the justice system than me, I hope your right and he does serve a full life tariff off over 30 years, but my opinion just don’t see it.

You have more faith in the justice system than me, I hope your right and he does serve a full life tariff off over 30 years, but my opinion just don’t see it.

Find a similar case where the perpetrator was convicted of murder that involved rape and kidnap, served 12 years and was then released on licence, [in recent history] and you might have a point.

I'll be generous find one with same conditions with a term under 16 years.

I suspect you will be looking a long time.

Find a similar case where the perpetrator was convicted of murder that involved rape and kidnap, served 12 years and was then released on licence, [in recent history] and you might have a point.

I'll be generous find one with same conditions with a term under 16 years.

I suspect you will be looking a long time.
Like I said I hope he serves a Whole life order, meaning he serves the full 30 years plus in jail, but I suspect the judge won’t impose that, he will get charged for murder no doubt, but will probably serve half his sentence, then be out on licence for the rest of his life, that’s what I’m saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.