Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

Like I said I hope he serves a Whole life order, meaning he serves the full 30 years plus in jail, but I suspect the judge won’t impose that, he will get charged for murder no doubt, but will probably serve half his sentence, then be out on licence for the rest of his life, that’s what I’m saying.

You're getting confused, a whole life order isn't in excess of 30 years it is until they die. Unless they get it a quashed, there is no prospect of a prisoner on a whole life tariff being released.

Like I said I hope he serves a Whole life order, meaning he serves the full 30 years plus in jail, but I suspect the judge won’t impose that, he will get charged for murder no doubt, but will probably serve half his sentence, then be out on licence for the rest of his life, that’s what I’m saying.

I'll agree on the whole the justice system is weak at times. I see reports of people with 40+ convictions who seriously injured some poor sod for no good reason and get a small sentence, the police must wonder why they bother sometimes.

In this case though they'll throw the book at him and rightly so. His crime is horrendous enough but you add to it his abuse of power and the deception involved, in that he probably used his police badge to lure her into his car and he's fucked.

You're getting confused, a whole life order isn't in excess of 30 years it is until they die. Unless they get it a quashed, there is no prospect of a prisoner on a whole life tariff being released.
Yes I should of used the quote Minimum Term, anyway that’s what I meant

He won't serve half his sentence if he get a life sentence; he will have to serve the minimum amount in full before he is even eligible for parole. Life sentences don't work the same as other ones.

A whole life order mean the rest of his life, not 30 years minimum.

He won't serve half his sentence if he get a life sentence; he will have to serve the minimum amount in full before he is even eligible for parole. Life sentences don't work the same as other ones.

A whole life order mean the rest of his life, not 30 years minimum.
He’s already explained it to me, I meant to say Minimum Term

Pleaded guilty

In a bizarre story comprised of lies, he claimed he had kidnapped Everard and then as he was driving through Kent, pulled over when his vehicle was flashed by an east European gang. He claimed they were threatening him and his family after he had underpaid for a prostitute the gang controlled and met at a Folkestone hotel weeks earlier

Let's see how the law works judging a copper against a member of the public.

I fear leniency and would like to be proven wrong as the evidence released is damning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.