Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

Dates agreed today 9th July for the accused to plead, 25th October for main trial.

If he pleads guilty (which he should) is the second date used for sentencing or will they bring that forward?
Why should he plead guilty?
Ignoring the fact that he may be innocent there is absolutely no reason to admit to it. He will not get a reduced sentence by doing so and there is always the chance that the prosecution mess up the evidence. That is unlikely but what does he have to lose.

Oh and the jury is selected on the first day of the trial

Why should he plead guilty?
Ignoring the fact that he may be innocent there is absolutely no reason to admit to it. He will not get a reduced sentence by doing so and there is always the chance that the prosecution mess up the evidence. That is unlikely but what does he have to lose.

Oh and the jury is selected on the first day of the trial

to not put her family through more hell?

I admire your faith in humanity. Sadly I doubt that empathy is high up the killers list of good traits.

I was just going to post that. My guess is he may plead some form of mental illness as his defence. He had been on sick leave a lot of the time and a serving police officer allegedly flashing in a McDonald's drive through before going on to abduct and murder someone is erratic behaviour to say the least. Either way he's probably not going to see the light of day again.

Secondly if he's a narcissistic psychopath he'll relish a trial.

I was just going to post that. My guess is he may plead some form of mental illness as his defence. He had been on sick leave a lot of the time and a serving police officer allegedly flashing in a McDonald's drive through before going on to abduct and murder someone is erratic behaviour to say the least. Either way he's probably not going to see the light of day again.

I thought that or some diminished responsibility excuse which would put a lot of pressure on his employers re his work status.

I agree with the exception being if he isn't the killer. It all seems rather cut and dried though, but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.