SAS Who dares wins

Are we seriously saying that part of the SAS training is taking a shit in front of a fit lass? I thought everyone on this thread was kidding. They should ramp the test up to using a big silver service formal dinner and in the middle as a centrepiece there should be a perspex bucket (No toilet paper) and as the fish course is served each dinner guest gas to jump on the table and take a dump in the perspex bucket.

That'll sort the lads out from the lasses.

As i understand it what most of this is; is pre-selection training. A lot of the real stuff they simply can't do for security reasons and/or nearly all of them would fail so you have no show.

Some mp type did it a few years back, a woman, and passed. So she was all "women should be allowed in" etc etc. It turns out she did this selection lite thing and even then needed the sort of help that would see you failed. By all accounts she was/is an action woman but that broke her. That is not me being sexist, it is just the hard reality of it. If they did the proper training the equality types would have a fucking heart attack watching the women drop like flies followed soon after by all the blokes. Very very very few would ever pass imo.

Some of the PT will be legit but a verbatim copy of selection, not sure you will get that.

Soldier 1 mate, there are a few but that was good and stuck out to me. Soldier R if memory serves details the operation against the 3 IRA on Gibraltar.

Thanks mate - I'll dig them out. Odd how I've suddenly become interested in them...never really did apart from 'playing SAS' in school after the Embassy siege :)

Thanks mate - I'll dig them out. Odd how I've suddenly become interested in them...never really did apart from 'playing SAS' in school after the Embassy siege :)
Ha! that is actually very interesting to me, not sure why. So with the siege was it as they said, the whole country was watching ergo kids saw it all then went to copy it at school? That is fucking brilliant, school nurse office full of broken arms and bashed heads hahahahah, tickled me that has. Warnings off the head master to "stop jumping of the mobile blocks" hehe.

Ha! that is actually very interesting to me, not sure why. So with the siege was it as they said, the whole country was watching ergo kids saw it all then went to copy it at school? That is fucking brilliant, school nurse office full of broken arms and bashed heads hahahahah, tickled me that has. Warnings off the head master to "stop jumping of the mobile blocks" hehe.

Pretty much. It was a newsflash and then shown (not in huge detail of course - there were only a couple of cameras) live on television. Lots of bangs and black clad men - so you had that air of total mystery followed by the news that the SAS had shot most of them. When you're eight years old, this is seriously fucking cool.

Pretty much. It was a newsflash and then shown (not in huge detail of course - there were only a couple of cameras) live on television. Lots of bangs and black clad men - so you had that air of total mystery followed by the news that they shot most of them. When you're eight years old, this is seriously fucking cool.
Cheers for that, i have always tried to put myself in that time, blokes swearing with their shirt sleeves rolled up in the morning cursing the ford capri because it won't start again. Chicken cooked in fresh orange as per the English idea of Chicken a l'Orange. Everton fans stabbing everyone in the arse with stanley blades...

Kids grow up seeing wars live on camera now, i can only imagine what that would be like to see on the news as a kid. The next day at school would be awesome!

Cheers for that, i have always tried to put myself in that time, blokes swearing with their shirt sleeves rolled up in the morning cursing the ford capri because it won't start again. Chicken cooked in fresh orange as per the English idea of Chicken a l'Orange. Everton fans stabbing everyone in the arse with stanley blades...

Kids grow up seeing wars live on camera now, i can only imagine what that would be like to see on the news as a kid. The next day at school would be awesome!

It was highly unusual for something like that to be caught live. Two years later with the Falklands War, reporting was pretty tightly controlled. Footage took days to come back from the south Atlantic, and the first anyone heard of things like ship losses was the announcements by the MoD "that they regretted to announce that..." and so on. The official they used for it spoke incredibly slowly for the benefit of the written press - and it felt very odd to listen to even at the time. But that was how we got the news!

watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.