Saturday morning no longer a day of rest

urban genie

It's 6:48 traditonally people expect most are having a lie in after a week at work, yet just got on a 219 to town and it is full, standing room only.

I presume it's people going to work or dilly for a train.

Sunday the same bus is also hammered
As a chef I have worked many a weekends inmy yputh, so know plenty do, but still
What ever happened to weekends were for resting?
I suppose it all went when the factories and industry shut down.

Also I expect these people don't get time and half for a sat and double for a sunday if it is their regular job, yet I am doing OT and getting exactly that.

Normally do mon-fri so first time I have been on a bus this early on a sat for years

Last edited:
It's 6:48 traditonally people expect most are having a lie in after a week at work, yet just got on a 219 to town and it is full, standing room only.

As a chef I have worked many a weekend so know plenty dobut still

Also I expect these people don't get time and half for a sat and dpuble for a sunday if it is their regular job, yet I am doing OT and retting exactly that.

Capitalist cunts

I blame middle management who act like this type of thing is acceptable.

It’s what people want. If people wouldn’t go out to spend money on weekends, except in parks, dinner restaurants, and movie theatres, all the other places would doon close their doors on the weekend!

However, all the rats get to step off the wheel on the weekend, so rather than save a few quid from the pittance they earn, they have to go out and spend it in shit they don’t really need and can’t really afford! So, Monday morning, right back on the wheel!

Lather, rinse, repeat!

I'm in retail so Saturday is a normal working day and has been for 50 years. No extra pay etc.these days its possibly my favourite day. My shop is manic all week yet Saturday there are just customers, no reps, no deliveries and usually the bloody phone is quieter. Bit of a juggle during the season mind. Sunday ditto.

As a chef I have worked many a weekends inmy yputh, so know plenty do, but still

Also I expect these people don't get time and half for a sat and double for a sunday if it is their regular job, yet I am doing OT and getting exactly that.

Normally do mon-fri so first time I have been on a bus this early on a sat for years

If you want to get on that the odd bit of weekend / late night work is what has to be done. Remember, if you’re not winning in life you’re not working hard enough. ;)

Lightweight just getting in by then ?? Their probably all coming home after clubbing, shagging etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.