Saturdays defeat...

julio jordio

it just seems to me that this one result has had a massive impact on peoples opinions much more than that of the previous unbeaten run of games combined. There's just no perspective. If we win people still concentrate heavily on the faults (while some think we're brilliant again which is even worse) and if we lose it's Hughes out time again and we're going down. Ok, Saturday was another shit away performance where we really struggled to break Stoke down but although it may seem defeatist, didn't it seem slightly inevitable that we may struggle against this type of side? Add the fact that many sides have struggled at the britannia.You certainly can't fault the effort of the majority, it just wasn't our day (again). On the coach home on saturday a bloke said to me 'well united wouldve broke them down'. For fuck sake. I can see us going on a mini undefeated run (again) because we have good players, a good manager and eventually things will start to go right(ish). I understand the frustrations but please, perspective.

Oh yeah, and Hughes out ;)

pee dubya said:
Good post but you're wasting your time i'm afraid.

I know and I knew that when I was writing it but if I felt like that all the time I wouldve given up watching city a long time ago. Another bloke also said to me on Saturday 'I'm not going again'. Now we all know where he'll be on Saturday afternoon and it won't be shopping with the mrs. They murder us one week and resurrect us the next. Only city.

The issue I think, in part is a lot of those that wanted Hughes(I did not from day one)thought he would bring steel, and we would perform better in such matches. The facts are we are performing, weaker across the board but ironically perhaps more so in the away games that those people pointed to as would be his strength and on top of that going out of the both cups first attempt to teams from lower leagues(I don't recall the last time that happened in the same year).

DontLookBackInAnger said:
The issue I think, in part is a lot of those that wanted Hughes(I did not from day one)thought he would bring steel, and we would perform better in such matches. The facts are we are performing, weaker across the board but ironically perhaps more so in the away games that those people pointed to as would be his strength and on top of that going out of the both cups first attempt to teams from lower leagues(I don't recall the last time that happened in the same year).
Careful, the Stepford Wives will get you.

the thing is stoke were down to 10 men and the worst thing about it from a city perspective was the manner of the performance,we never caused them any problems and stoke were comfortable winners,robiniho was ineffective/disinterested and should of got the curly finger in the second half,but is the manager brave enough to make a decision like that?

julio jordio said:
Oh, and in theory I'm not wasting MY time at all as I'm in work! I get your drift though....fucking hell, the time we've wasted on city, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Haha i didn't mean it as a dig or anything, it's just there's a set of posters who only appear when we lose (or don't sign 5 superstars in a one month transfer window) and they create the majority of the hysterics, then for the rest of the week, or if we win, there's not a peep. And yeah, i'm wasting my time right now as well, got shit loads of work to do...

tommyducks said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Careful, the Stepford Wives will get you.

Is anything I have said unreasonable, or not based in fact?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.