Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

mancitygaz said:
BlueMo' said:
Liverpools handling of this is nothing short of disgraceful.
To see "King Kenny" in that T shirt really took the biscuit,
they obviously don't get it.
Paul McGraths comments in todays Irish papers
were spot on.
Haven't read it, what did McGrath have to say?

Paul McGrath’s fury at Liverpool's Suarez solidarity
By Ruaidhri O'Connor
Friday, 23 December 2011

Former Manchester United defender Paul McGrath has described the Liverpool squad's public show of support for Luis Suarez as ‘shameful'.

McGrath singled out Anfield defender Glen Johnson for particular criticism, saying he should have thrown down the T-shirt which sported Suarez's name and image when asked to wear it.

The entire Liverpool squad, and manager Kenny Dalglish, wore the shirt before Wednesday's fixture at Wigan to show the club's unity behind the striker, who faces an eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

Beyond Anfield, condemnation for the club's emotive response to the verdict of the Football Association's independent commission has been relentless. McGrath, who played for United from 1982-89 and for Aston Villa from 1989-96, winning 83 Republic of Ireland caps in the process, was scathing.

“It puts the anti-racism campaign back to the beginning as far as I'm concerned,” he said.

“If I was in Glen Johnson's situation, I'd have thrown the shirt to the floor. If that had been someone in my time and I'd heard the comments or I'd even suspected he was guilty, and obviously there has been a tribunal, then I would not wear a T-shirt with his name on it, saying all is well and good here. Maybe Kenny [Dalglish] is trying to make a statement to the FA but I just think it is in bad taste that he sent them out in those T-shirts.

“It would have been much better for Liverpool Football Club if they had have worn anti-racism shirts.”

BlueMo' said:
mancitygaz said:
BlueMo' said:
Liverpools handling of this is nothing short of disgraceful.
To see "King Kenny" in that T shirt really took the biscuit,
they obviously don't get it.
Paul McGraths comments in todays Irish papers
were spot on.
Haven't read it, what did McGrath have to say?

Paul McGrath’s fury at Liverpool's Suarez solidarity
By Ruaidhri O'Connor
Friday, 23 December 2011

Former Manchester United defender Paul McGrath has described the Liverpool squad's public show of support for Luis Suarez as ‘shameful'.

McGrath singled out Anfield defender Glen Johnson for particular criticism, saying he should have thrown down the T-shirt which sported Suarez's name and image when asked to wear it.

The entire Liverpool squad, and manager Kenny Dalglish, wore the shirt before Wednesday's fixture at Wigan to show the club's unity behind the striker, who faces an eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

Beyond Anfield, condemnation for the club's emotive response to the verdict of the Football Association's independent commission has been relentless. McGrath, who played for United from 1982-89 and for Aston Villa from 1989-96, winning 83 Republic of Ireland caps in the process, was scathing.

“It puts the anti-racism campaign back to the beginning as far as I'm concerned,” he said.

“If I was in Glen Johnson's situation, I'd have thrown the shirt to the floor. If that had been someone in my time and I'd heard the comments or I'd even suspected he was guilty, and obviously there has been a tribunal, then I would not wear a T-shirt with his name on it, saying all is well and good here. Maybe Kenny [Dalglish] is trying to make a statement to the FA but I just think it is in bad taste that he sent them out in those T-shirts.

“It would have been much better for Liverpool Football Club if they had have worn anti-racism shirts.”
I have a lot of time for Paul McGrath, met him loads in the 90's and have had the pleasure of his company quite a few times since then.

He is as sound as they come, maybe because Slur Alex didn't brainwash him, not that he didn't try.

"King" Kenny has now taken delsuion to an even higher level;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...FA-to-act-over-fans-abuse-of-Luis-Suarez.html

Kenny Dalglish has called on the FA to protect Luis Suarez from the "antagonism" of opposing supporters. Wigan fans booed Suárez on Wednesday, the day after the striker was banned for eight matches for calling Patrice Evra "negro" during Liverpool's game with Manchester United at Anfield on Oct 15.

Henry Winter rightly lays into him in the article. Perhaps the King that Kenny most resembles is George III.

It just shows how desperate they are to retain his services.
He's running the show, can you imagine RM sporting any players image?
No neither can i.
Dalgleish is out of his depth, the game's moved on.

smudgedj said:
Pam said:
smudgedj said:
Can't see how Liverpool and queen Kenny are going to get out of it, especially if they appeal.

Like they say; build 10 bridges but fuck one goat, nobody calls you a bridge builder.

I am astonished how badly they've handled this. The T Shirt stunt takes the absolute cake. The players and their manager are (quite literally) half-wits.

They are a laughing joke in South America, they can't believe what's happened. This negrito bollocks is seriously offense to someone you hardly know.
This is what is not being reported. It's fine to say this to someone you know but to someone you don't it's a racial slur. Still, John Barnes knows best....

-- Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 am --

King Kenny's Klan has a familiar ring to it....

Liverpool are in a very tricky situation, I understand that, but they should have said that the matter has been dealt with by the FA and they will deal with it internally.
They shouldn't have blathered on trying to defend his innocence after he admitted the truth.
Ignorance is not an excuse, not in this day and age.
Wearing those t-shirts is a slap in the face to all the anti racism work that has been done in football.
There is no two ways about it, they are defending racism, and what kind of message does that send.
What? This is how English football deals with their racism?
Hey kids support us, players come play for us.

I used to have a bit of respect for Liverpool.
Their fans were great at home and something you could show on the European stage..well they were a damn side better than the rags, and YNWA is a song I'm almost jealous of.
But their complete disregard for the respect of so many years of hard work done, they've literally brushed aside, because in his country, it's ok. Ignorance is ok.

I know they have to back their player..I know the fans feel they should too especially because it's a United v Liverpool thing, but the tshirts..it's insulting and it's provocative.
I agree with Paul McGrath, it puts that kick racism out of football campaign back to the beginning.

corky1970 said:
bluecroi said:
Liverpool are in a very tricky situation, I understand that, but they should have said that the matter has been dealt with by the FA and they will deal with it internally.
They shouldn't have blathered on trying to defend his innocence after he admitted the truth.
Wearing those t-shirts is a slap in the face to all the anti racism work that has been done in football.
There is no two ways about it, they are defending racism, and what kind of message does that send.

Their fans were great at home and something you could show on the European stage..well they were a damn side better than the rags, and YNWA is a song I'm almost jealous of.
But their complete disregard for the respect of so many years of hard work done, they've literally brushed aside, because in his country, it's ok. Ignorance is ok.

I know they have to back their player..I know the fans feel they should too especially because it's a United v Liverpool thing, but the tshirts..it's insulting and it's provocative.
I agree with Paul McGrath, it puts that kick racism out of football campaign back to the beginning.

again another fantastic post by this quality poster !

applauds !!

i like the post, but the bit about the home fans being great....

Must be harping back to the 70s for that.... Im 30 and do not ever recall going Anfield and not thinking it's not that great.

Every time i went, they sing never walk alone to a backing track, before the game. After that, not a lot really.

sniff said:
corky1970 said:
bluecroi said:

again another fantastic post by this quality poster !

applauds !!

i like the post, but the bit about the home fans being great....

Must be harping back to the 70s for that.... Im 30 and do not ever recall going Anfield and not thinking it's not that great.

Every time i went, they sing never walk alone to a backing track, before the game. After that, not a lot really.

Eh thanks. Not that old though.
And I'm not saying they Liverpool fans are amazing, they are over hyped, but my point was that over the past few years when the CL was at the final stages and they were in it, and the world of football was looking at England, I felt Liverpool fans at home, (and away), were a much better representations of English football than the rags..or so I felt anyway.
The Chelsea Liverpool semi final a few years ago was a good example of it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
"King" Kenny has now taken delsuion to an even higher level;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...FA-to-act-over-fans-abuse-of-Luis-Suarez.html

Kenny Dalglish has called on the FA to protect Luis Suarez from the "antagonism" of opposing supporters. Wigan fans booed Suárez on Wednesday, the day after the striker was banned for eight matches for calling Patrice Evra "negro" during Liverpool's game with Manchester United at Anfield on Oct 15.

Henry Winter rightly lays into him in the article. Perhaps the King that Kenny most resembles is George III.

Or Canute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.