Sauvage How Much?!?!

BLUEYESTU

I was in Boots yesterday and saw the the new Sauvage Elixer EDT. I tried the tester and it’s really nice stuff, but the price - £115 for 60ml was way out of my league. It got me wondering; what’s a fair amount to pay to smell good and what’s the most people have paid?

I was in Boots yesterday and saw the the new Sauvage Elixer EDT. I tried the tester and it’s really nice stuff, but the price - £115 for 60ml was way out of my league. It got me wondering; what’s a fair amount to pay to smell good and what’s the most people have paid?
I favour eau de naturelle. Smells great and costs nowt.

We were in a Penhaligon shop in Bath before Christmas, trying out a few scents, ably assisted by the double of Gok Wan. Nice fragrances, but £160 per bottle is a touch on the expensive side. Had to limit myself to just a couple of bottles.

You can get some great deals just after xmas, especially the sets where you get a shower gel etc to as they want the shelf space back. I got Hugo Man (100ml), Boss in Motion (100ml) and Joop wow (90ml) for 70 quid, the lot. All very nice easy reach scents. If you shop around you do get good prices.

Most expensive i have is probably Creed Aventus, 280 quid for 100ml. Most of mine are between 50-100 quid though. You can get some that are 800 quid or so, Roja, Xerjoff, some Creed's. Tom Ford private blends are eye watering to in some cases, 450 quid etc.

Some of the "copy's" these days are not like when we were kids, they are as good or better in some cases. Club De Nuit Intense is an Aventus clone but after the opening the dry down is almost identical. It is 40 quid for 100ml so you don't weep into your wallet with every spray

Reactions: mat
I favour eau de naturelle. Smells great and costs nowt.

Aye but which best describes Eau de KippaxPete?

Beer and farts

or

The sizzle of spicy mandarin awakens boundless energy in this fragrance. Eau de KippaxPete

A magnetic name that evokes power and light. A fragrance that arouses fascination in its wake, like the dazzlingly flamboyant clouds that so captivate humankind. To capture such exhilarating energy, Master Perfumer Jacques Cavallier Belletrud chose the Sicilian mandarin. An ingredient of such exceptional quality, it infuses the perfume’s heart with ethereal freshness, resonating as it comes into contact with a trio of peppers. As a signature, Java vetiver reveals its noblest facets, at once fresh, earthy and ambery, making the enchantment complete. In fusing elements of sky and Earth, Eau de KippaxPete reveals a contemporary elegance that knows no limit.

Aye but which best describes Eau de KippaxPete?

Beer and farts

or

The sizzle of spicy mandarin awakens boundless energy in this fragrance. Eau de KippaxPete

A magnetic name that evokes power and light. A fragrance that arouses fascination in its wake, like the dazzlingly flamboyant clouds that so captivate humankind. To capture such exhilarating energy, Master Perfumer Jacques Cavallier Belletrud chose the Sicilian mandarin. An ingredient of such exceptional quality, it infuses the perfume’s heart with ethereal freshness, resonating as it comes into contact with a trio of peppers. As a signature, Java vetiver reveals its noblest facets, at once fresh, earthy and ambery, making the enchantment complete. In fusing elements of sky and Earth, Eau de KippaxPete reveals a contemporary elegance that knows no limit.
Good work my friend. Some effort went into that! Sadly, as my other half will testify, it's the 'beer and farts'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.