Savic

SalfordCityBlue said:
Didn't do much wrong yesterday - unfortunate that his misplaced pass was punished (some time later!) but that's football.

In misplaced passes terms, Silva was the king yesterday - just didn't get punished in the same way Savic's one slip did.

City fans have always loved to destroy a defender through merciless criticism though - no matter what our fortunes, some things never change!

Especially by the cabal of NDJ worshippers here. Yes I recall Micah being slagged for NDJ's shortcoming etc....

Especially by those who think NDJ's tackling is wonderful - the greatest thing since
wonderbread.JPG

Wonder_Bread_Open.JPG

Every Savic mistake is being highlighted. He is only young and possibly one for the future. I agree that it would be useful for him to go out on loan next season, within the Premier League, so he can get the experience he needs.

If he is good enough he will come back all the better to challenge for a first team place.

In the meantime we could play Richards at centre half and Milner at right back. Of course there are other options too. Just hope that Kompany and Lescott are back together for the United match.

jimharri said:
Thenumber1blue said:
jimharri said:
Best option for him.We simply cannot afford to chance playing him again this season. Is Ned on a season-long loan at QPR, or a month on month deal, or did we actually sell him?
Do you really think Ned would be the answer? Oh my god he is so shit,he makes Savic look like Nesta.
He's better than Savic. Granted, that's not too difficult. As an alternative, hasn't Barry played at CB for Villa in the past? If we have a similar injury crisis to yesterday, he could be shoved in as a last resort. Hopefully, that won't be needed; to have two CBs (and an able stand-in) injured at the same time was cruel fortune.
He's not better than Savic ,he's about the Alan Kernaghan level but with a bit of pace and nothing else.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Didn't do much wrong yesterday - unfortunate that his misplaced pass was punished (some time later!) but that's football.

In misplaced passes terms, Silva was the king yesterday - just didn't get punished in the same way Savic's one slip did.

City fans have always loved to destroy a defender through merciless criticism though - no matter what our fortunes, some things never change!

This is so true...........

WyongBlue said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

This is so true...........
I'm with you both and when people start coming out with shit like we should've kept Ned,I just want to smash the computer up so I cant come back on here.

Still can't believe people are getting at him from yesterdays performance, he actually played not bad!

In terms of the goal, it was his mistake that started the move but no way should they have scored from that position. Clichy too slow to stop the block and the defending in the middle was embarrassing!

Time to stop making the boy a scapegoat for a horrendous performance.

Thenumber1blue said:
jimharri said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Do you really think Ned would be the answer? Oh my god he is so shit,he makes Savic look like Nesta.
He's better than Savic. Granted, that's not too difficult. As an alternative, hasn't Barry played at CB for Villa in the past? If we have a similar injury crisis to yesterday, he could be shoved in as a last resort. Hopefully, that won't be needed; to have two CBs (and an able stand-in) injured at the same time was cruel fortune.
He's not better than Savic ,he's about the Alan Kernaghan level but with a bit of pace and nothing else.
Fine; you're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. There's no point us posting tit for tat replies, as we just won't agree on him.

razinho said:
Still can't believe people are getting at him from yesterdays performance, he actually played not bad!

In terms of the goal, it was his mistake that started the move but no way should they have scored from that position. Clichy too slow to stop the block and the defending in the middle was embarrassing!

Time to stop making the boy a scapegoat for a horrendous performance.

You know that something is wrong when the cabal of NDJ's worshippers stop lauding him which they did every week until lately.

But their presence is being felt with making scapegoats of others especially Savic when the blame should be rightfully placed at you know who!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.