Scared of the shirt

Look at the teams that have had a go at Utd last season, us, Chelsea, Bilbao, Newcastle, Everton, Wigan, Basle, they all got a result.

Many teams do think they are invincible and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, but they are fragile defensively and lack steel in midfield, if you get in their faces and attack them they crumble.

Won't happen this season though for one reason: Nobody has ever been afraid of anyone wearing gingham!

Unknown_Genius said:
I'm afraid its a problem that can't really be helped. Too many teams fear going to Old Trafford, its psychological, where they don't expect to win, and are already mentally beaten before the game kicks off. They show too much fear and respect, and view it as a chance to tell their Grandkids they played at OT, rather than seeing it as 3 points at stake. I had a lot of respect for Blackburn last season, winning 3-2 there. It would have been easy for them to sit back, and play for a 0-0, but they were positive, didn't show them any fear, and got a deserved win. Same with Everton, could easily have given up when the odds were stacked against them. Teams may also not give their all, because they might have a more winnable fixture next week, and save their energy for that. McCarthy putting out a second string team for a trip to Old Trafford, a few seasons ago springs to mind.

However, I think its been the case with us on a few occasions last season. Stoke, West Brom, Blackburn, Fulham, and Bolton at home, were all guilty of this poor attitude. The better we get, the more teams will play us already mentally beaten before a ball is kicked.

Yep I was particularly impressed, with how City didn't sit back at 1-0, but when on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

VOOMER said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I'm afraid its a problem that can't really be helped. Too many teams fear going to Old Trafford, its psychological, where they don't expect to win, and are already mentally beaten before the game kicks off. They show too much fear and respect, and view it as a chance to tell their Grandkids they played at OT, rather than seeing it as 3 points at stake. I had a lot of respect for Blackburn last season, winning 3-2 there. It would have been easy for them to sit back, and play for a 0-0, but they were positive, didn't show them any fear, and got a deserved win. Same with Everton, could easily have given up when the odds were stacked against them. Teams may also not give their all, because they might have a more winnable fixture next week, and save their energy for that. McCarthy putting out a second string team for a trip to Old Trafford, a few seasons ago springs to mind.

However, I think its been the case with us on a few occasions last season. Stoke, West Brom, Blackburn, Fulham, and Bolton at home, were all guilty of this poor attitude. The better we get, the more teams will play us already mentally beaten before a ball is kicked.

Yep I was particularly impressed, with how City didn't sit back at 1-0, but when on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

and on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.