Schalke 1-2 Hamburg

It wasn't a great game though. First goal was a cock up between defender and keeper, although second was the finish to good team play.

What were the Schalke fans like when you were over here for the UEFA Cup game? Yesterday they were poor and were clearly quieter than the away block

*cheap plug*

For anybody who's interested, pics can be found here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hsv-forum.de/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=5242" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hsv-forum.de/gallery/categor ... at_id=5242</a>

I'll also post the link to the two UEFA Cup games as well. Some of which you might wanna use for yourself, desktop background, own website and such :-)

MattRGF said:
It wasn't a great game though. First goal was a cock up between defender and keeper, although second was the finish to good team play.

What were the Schalke fans like when you were over here for the UEFA Cup game? Yesterday they were poor and were clearly quieter than the away block
Pretty similar if I remember (and I to be honest, I don't...), the Ultras were quite loud and boisterous at the start, but we outsang them from the first goal.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Pretty similar if I remember (and I to be honest, I don't...), the Ultras were quite loud and boisterous at the start, but we outsang them from the first goal.

With some clubs, reguardless of the scoreline and especially away from home, the fans will just keep singing and it's hard to shut them up unless you're winning 5-0.

But yesterday was just really poor. For a stand of 10,000 or so, it was only 150 that were singing and not even for the entire game. But I guess that's down to the fact that Schalke are in a bit of trouble at the minute, team isn't playing well hence manager is getting stick and the general manager got sacked last week. Still, you'd think the support would be greater in bad times. Like two years ago when we were nearly relegated (which is even worse than where Schalke are now) - fan support never waivered. True there was critique at the manager (who eventually got sacked) but we still sold out every home and away game - important factor to the team surviving and qualifying for the UEFA Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.