>> He should stick with decission. Thems the rules. It wasn't a clear and obvious error either.
And yet video replay wasn't available. How on earth should the onfield ref muster the audacity to completely disregard the replay booth when they had ample replays available to them.

I for one, absolutely agree that Otters hand ball is a penalty - on the basis that that's the way that the game is called - at the same time I absolutely agree that Otter's hand ball was not intentional.

The rules of the game need to be updated.
====
>> 2nd, offside takes presidente as that took place first.
Implicitly claiming that you're more knowledgeable than the professional referees on the field... well, I rather doubt that you're correct.

But the LOTG state that is has to be intentional, which it clearly wasn't, therefore no penalty. Are you saying that referees should/do referee the game according to the laws as they would like them to be, rather than as they are? That sure would explain a fucking lot!

But the LOTG state that is has to be intentional, which it clearly wasn't, therefore no penalty. Are you saying that referees should/do referee the game according to the laws as they would like them to be, rather than as they are? That sure would explain a fucking lot!
Yes it has to be intentional,even i know that rule,i read next season that is being changed to any handball so if it hits your arm tough titty it's a pen as ruled by VAR (depends on who you play for)

I think this is exactly what happens. The rule states that handling must be intentional, but the refs are directed not to give any goal that goes in off someones hand/arm, even if they think it was accidental (except against us of course...). You can sort of understand how bad it looks to let a goal like that stand, but if that's how they feel, the rules should be changed. Maybe it's reasonable to call it handing if someone's arm stops a goal, even if it was accidental, but right now that's not how the law's written so they should apply the law or change it. Same with what constitutes a red card challenge - the refs do have some guidelines (although obviously not universally applied), but if that's how they referee, then the rules should be changed accordingly to be more specific than "with excessive force", as it is now.

UEFA have released their response.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2593061.html

This is actually insane:

When such a malfunction of the system occurs, the IFAB protocol allows for the VAR to describe to the referee what can be seen on the TV replay(s) but not tell him the decision that should be taken. The referee then makes a final decision based on his own perception and the information received orally from the VAR.

What. The. Actual. Fuck. It's taken them all day to come up with that crock of shit?! I'd say it was unbelievable but as it's Uefa, unfortunately not.

"Sorry ref, the pitchside monitor is bust"

"Not a problem mate, the IFAB protocol allows you to describe the incident to me.........although you mustn't tell me what decision to make"

"Oh right! It was handball by Otamendi in the area."

"PENALTY!"
Peter Walton for BT 'Penalty'.
Mark Halsey on Talksport 'Definitely not a penalty - Law 12 says it has to be deliberate'. He went on to say that apart from Law 12, VAR is supposed to be about correcting clear and obvious errors.
Halsey was a damn good ref and vastly superior to Walton - didn't blow up for every bit of contact - not swayed by home crowds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.