School Issues. Safeguarding report

talkativesprout

My lad has been being bullied at school for 3 yrs, always the same, pacification of us we will monitor it blah blah then a couple of month later either the same boys or their mates , brothers, cousins pick on him again.

My lads a bit chubby and gets all the usual fat lad jokes daily and copes with it (well pretends too but his self confidence is shot) but it seems to go from name calling to hands on at times, usually when he has told them to fuck off or given them some shit back (he isn't a wall flower despite all this, he just isn't an aggressive lad YET)
In spite of all this he refuses to move schools away from his mates and he is a popular boy with teachers and most kids

Today I had to pick him up at dinner time with a suspected broken arm. Later confirmed at Stepping Hill. I told the nurse about how he has been being bullied for yrs but the school fail to deal with it. She told me it was disgusting and boys will be boys but when it ends up with broken bones it is time to act. So with my permission she has lodged a safeguarding concern with the school. Within 10 mins of getting the email 6 teachers were trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

I remember reading another poster getting some advice on Safeguarding reports and just wonder what the nuts and bolts are.

Any help Blues?

No idea about them personally mate. I just wanted to say how bad i feel for your lad mate. School can be cruel at times but like you say when it's got to this level it needs to stop. I wish him a speedy recovery, he sounds like a mentally strong lad though which is good.

It annoys me they only seem to act when there is an imminent legal hassle on their horizon.

Safeguarding is an ofsted trigger so they will be looking to sort out asap.

I'd email everything from now on to keep a paper chain.

And me.
Also get the chair of governors involved yourself, don’t leave it to the staff.
Being a pro-active parent puts the wind up them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.