school match .....

riley347

yesterday.....took my son to play for his school side(st bernadettes,whitefield)....opposing side (park view,prestwich),where one of their lads had a huge throw for his age.....their manager AND parents shouting "sling it long/ hurl it/as far as you can",at every opportunity....disgusted kids are encouraged to do this at such a young age.....OH, AND CHEERS PULIS YOU PRICK.....

Re: shool match .....

riley347 said:
yesterday.....took my son to play for his school side(st bernadettes,whitefield)....opposing side (park view,prestwich),where one of their lads had a huge throw for his age.....their manager AND parents shouting "sling it long/ hurl it/as far as you can",at every opportunity....disgusted kids are encouraged to do this at such a young age.....OH, AND CHEERS PULIS YOU PRICK.....
this about sums up school and junior football, and it is due to the lack of decent coaches around and the win at all costs mentality of some teachers/coaches
football at an early age should be about learning and development but unfortunately this is not always the case, it is no wonder we are miles behind the likes of Spain when it comes to producing home grown players and it is due in part to the ignorance of teachers, parents and poor coaching,
we should be producing world class players in abundance with the amount of football that is played in this country but we are not and it all stems from grass roots bad habits like lump it forward and long throws etc no kid can benefit in anyway from such methods

I quit playing for my school at the beginning of this year - poor standard of football, which consists of mostly long balls, big throws etc etc, the midfield was by-passed every game and it was hardly enjoyable, despite us winning most of our games.

I don't miss playing for school. How old is your son?

nothing wrong in that

when you have a team of kids playing football you dont need to over kill them with things like keeping the ball down on the pitch pass and move 2 touch

there is so much for kids to learn about football you forget about having fun
playing the game

only about 1 in 1000 make it to the next level and sometime you have to stand out from the rest and if you got something why not use it

ancoats said:
nothing wrong in that

when you have a team of kids playing football you dont need to over kill them with things like keeping the ball down on the pitch pass and move 2 touch

playing the game

only about 1 in 1000 make it to the next level and sometime you have to stand out from the rest and if you got something why not use it

I agree that the main thig to do is enjoy it. As long as the kids playing had a smile on their faces (I never doo when i play, but i am still enjoying it) then what is the problem.

I understand that everyone want to do tricks and skills, but sometimes the game isn't about that.

ancoats said:
nothing wrong in that

playing the game

i agree that not all kids are of the same level and coaches can over complicate things but the basics are the basics like letting the ball do the work and working hard and give 100% all of the time etc,

if these principles are not instilled in kids at an early age they will not develop into an average player never mind a top player, this is where coaches/teachers need to take some responsibility and stop thinking about the now and try to develop there team and players for the future

there is nothing better in my opinion than seeing a an under9/10/11 team try to play the game in the right way and try to move the ball around no matter the result

results should not start to matter in football until at least under 12/13 level this is when the winning mentality should be instilled and if kids have been given the basics in football these results will take care of themselves

big blueballs said:
riley347 said:
this about sums up school and junior football, and it is due to the lack of decent coaches around and the win at all costs mentality of some teachers/coaches
football at an early age should be about learning and development but unfortunately this is not always the case, it is no wonder we are miles behind the likes of Spain when it comes to producing home grown players and it is due in part to the ignorance of teachers, parents and poor coaching,
we should be producing world class players in abundance with the amount of football that is played in this country but we are not and it all stems from grass roots bad habits like lump it forward and long throws etc no kid can benefit in anyway from such methods

i dont think we are miles behind the likes of Spain with youth football
most of our clubs like the man city youth setup is still 1 of the best

the thing is about them being given a chance at club level
we have to many inported players from spain france italy the english football leagues
we should have a setup like 80% of clubs have to be english players
most teams need dont have any english born players even playing week in weeek out

you learn more about football playing than watching
and most young players dont learn about football it gets coach out of them
at a very young age
you have to let them find a way to play with fun and smiles of there faces

look at the old way of playing in parks with jumpers for goalposts
next goal wins and all that playing in the streets to the dark of night

most of the legends in football played that way
how fit was colin bell box to box player run all day with the ball
a bet he was born with a ball at his feet

Much of shcool and junior football isn't about enjoyment it's about the self agrindisement of coaches. What does it matter to these men if the kids they are living vicariously through grow up as lumpen, one-dimensional players as long as they have shelves groaning under the weight of plastic cups?

I coach under 13's and i never worry about the result i just want them to play decent football, work hard and have a good attitude. Too many teams are reliant upon one kid who's bigger or can kick it further than anyone else.
I keep telling them that by the time they're 17-18 they be winning games because the size of the opponents or how far they can kick it will not matter and the team that keeps the ball and uses it wisely will be the one that wins more than it loses.

School football though is shite compared to league games. Usually a history teacher taking the team instead of the PE teacher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.