Schweinsteiger - For Sale

20sbc07

Bayern Munich coach Louis van Gaal has suggested the club should sell Bastian Schweinsteiger if a big offer is received.

Schweinsteiger is currently mulling over his future with the German champions as he has just 18 months left on his contract at the Allianz Arena.

He recently revealed he is close to making a decision, with Bayern hoping to ward off interest from several European rivals to secure the 26-year-old on a new deal.

However, Van Gaal believes Bayern should take a pragmatic approach to the interest in the midfielder and accept an offer for the Germany international next summer.
Business

"I think that Bayern Munich is a business and if it is true that 30million euros (£25.7m) have been offered for him, then you cannot just ignore that kind of money," said Schweinsteiger.

Bayern are still hoping to convince Schweinsteiger to commit to a new contract, like Philipp Lahm recently did, but Van Gaal says there is no point.

"I would do it differently," he said. "And my clubs have always listened to what I have said, and my clubs have always earned a lot of money."

Schweinsteiger has spent his entire career with Bayern and seems to be now pondering a move abroad next summer, a year before his contract is due to expire.

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Manchester United have already been linked with Germany's vice-captain.

--------------------------------

£27.5million has been offered(dosnt say by who), I would definitely be happy if we payed that amount to bring him to city.

avoidconfusion said:
Would solve all our problems in midfield and spell and end to Barry and Milner I think.

Why will it spell the end for Milner he is young and playing out of poss and have u ever heard of squad rotation?

Schweinsteiger at city would be fantastic tho I feel the rags are gunna do 1 big name signing in jan and IMO it will be him :( I hope not

He would make a huge difference in midfield.

I dont think it would be the end of Milner or Barry, with games every 3 days players will get tired and injured so it comes back to rotation.
27.5m isnt a bad price for a top quality proven player. Hes proven in the world cup, bundesliga and in the champions league.

avoidconfusion said:
Would solve all our problems in midfield and spell and end to Barry and Milner I think.
Is he really that good that he could replace 2 full England internationals
I think not, he is a top player but if he came which I doubt he would not be replacing anyone it is a squad game

big blueballs said:
avoidconfusion said:
I think not, he is a top player but if he came which I doubt he would not be replacing anyone it is a squad game
Agreed, central midfield is our weakest area i think, in terms of depth. At the moment we play 3 midfielders, but really only have 4 and a half (I count Vieira as a half, he can still contribute, a bit).

big blueballs said:
avoidconfusion said:

Yes he is imho. He is much better than Barry and Milner.
Of course there will be rotation but there is also still Yaya Toure and de Jong.

Pretty sure our first 11 would have Schweinsteiger in it and not Barry or Milner.

-------------HART--------------
Boateng---Kolo---Vinny---Kolarov
---------------------------------
------------de Jong -------------
-------Toure------Schweinsteiger
-------------Silva----------------
----------Tevez---Balo-----------

Absolutely ruthless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.