Schweinsteiger - For Sale

camelcoat said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Next time i'm told something i'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. Do you honestly think that people who work for football clubs in whatever capacity don't tell people information.

Yes

I agree with Cameltoe. Those who do actually know will not tell unless they want it to be made known.

I watched the Bayern game against Roma last week and he didn't play. Is he currently injured?

Bayern are just treading water at the moment but Robben has to be due back soon, they still have one hell of a team over there.

President Hoeneß yesterday announced on the general members assembly that they will do anything to prolong his contract (while Schweinsteiger was among the audience)

BAYERN WON'T SELL SCHWEINSTEIGER

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says Bastian Schweinsteiger will not be going anywhere before his contract expires in 2012.

The Germany international has yet to commit himself to a new deal beyond 2012 and it has been rumoured that Bayern may sell him next summer should he not sign an extension by then, otherwise they risk losing him on a free transfer 12 months later.

Schweinsteiger has been linked with a big-money move to Manchester United in the British press in recent days and has previously been connected to Chelsea.

But speaking at Bayern's AGM, Rummenigge said: "We will not be letting the player go before his contract ends in 2012 in any case.

"Bastian has developed a great deal in the last two years and I am very optimistic that we and his agents can find an agreement.

"Our aim is to give Bastian a long-term contract."

Rummenigge's words were met with resounding applause from the members present.

After tying Philipp Lahm down to a new long-term contract recently and with Thomas Muller showing his commitment to the club, Schweinsteiger is the last remaining home-grown talent that still needs to make up his mind about his future.

President Uli Hoeness has called for results on the field to start matching those off it after announcing a profit at the AGM.

The Bavarians made a surplus of 2.9 million euros after tax to take their own capital up to 206.4 million euros and leave them in a very healthy position.

On the field, however, Bayern trail the league leaders Borussia Dortmund by 14 points with three games still to go until the midway stage of the season and Hoeness has told the squad to raise their game and "fight to the bitter end".

"We have got to get into the Champions League, no matter what," he said.

"Let us not forget that the final in 2012 takes place in the Allianz Arena and we have got to be there.

"I appeal to you all not to give up. Bayern Munich must fight to the bitter end and then we will see what comes out of it."

Bayern are currently lying fifth in the Bundesliga table, but are just three points adrift of third-placed Bayer Leverkusen.

However, a defeat to struggling Schalke on Saturday could see them drop as low as ninth and the pressure is mounting on coach Louis Van Gaal to lead the club to its more customary position at the top.

The club's vice-chairman Karl Hopfner says the club is at least in a very strong financial position.

"Thanks to our success on the field, we have once again been able to post a profit," he said.

"FC Bayern is very fit for the future with an own capital of 206.4 million euros.

"That means our club remains independent and unaffected by market conditions."

Bastian Schweinsteiger is ready to snub interest from Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid and extend his contract with Bayern Munich. [...]

Schweinsteiger is tipped to sign a new deal running until 2016 with Bayern and may even put pen to paper before Christmas. The news will be a big boost to a club which is struggling in the Bundesliga, and a hefty 14 points behind league leaders Borussia Dortmund.

Sleeping_Easy said:
camelcoat said:
You can tell a transfer window is about to open eh!

Next time i'm told something i'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. Do you honestly think that people who work for football clubs in whatever capacity don't tell people information.

The guy over the road from me works in the office at OT, regarding signings etc he finds out through the media like the resy of us mere mortals.
Ask him about the financial side and I get to know more than what gets published.

schweinsteiger is a genius. not only that he is 10 times better than barry he is younger too. more power more speed more accurate passes and doesnt kill the game like barry... i wish he would come to city but i really really doubt it. with alot of other big teams in the mix he can have his pick.. and to me he is worth at least 30 million

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/12/11/2256099/exclusive-manchester-united-hold-talks-over-sensational-move-for-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... -move-for-</a>

Scum have held talks with him if you believe that. £18 million? Blow them out the water please, Bobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.