Scientology

PJMCC1UK said:
ElanJo said:
TBF if you leave Islam you're supposed to be put to death.

And even within Christianity, where it's prevalent, such as in the US, you get bad mouthed, looked down upon and discriminated against, and often disowned by your parents, for leaving it.

I understand there are certain groups within Christianity. But they again lean to cult like status in their administering of their religion. And I didn't really know that about Islam but can believe it.
What I mean I guess is that this seems to prevalent for the whole church. Other world religions are quite secular and not so extreme. And none have people followed like that for daring to ask for justification.

Yea. I should have said "you *often* get bad mouthed, looked down upon and discrimi...." because obviously plenty of people aren't like that.

aphex said:
invented by l ron hubbard - he was originally a science fiction writer

my uncle is a fully paid up member, and i used to read the drivel in the monthly magazine he got posted

from what i remember, different stages of human existence were 'jump-started' by mating with aliens from other planets. call it jumping the evolutionary queue

ridiculous

i believe the plot for terminator more.

Totally agree,L Ron Hubbard was a fuckin charlatan.There will always be some twat with loads of cash and no fuckin sense.

Was in Sydney city centre and was approached by a very fit young woman,she asked if I was interested in a free personality test.I declined,she then asked about the colleague I was with and I said don't bother he hasn't got a personality,upset them both.

whats the betting they don't have many shops, i mean "churches" outside homeless centres. anything that limits your path to enlightenment based on your financial input is laughable and people should damn well know this but we are so disconnected from who we are as a species that many of us are easy prey these days. i personally believe that many religions around the world throughout history were initiated in the best of faith to help us to some kind of spiritual awakening or ascension from tribalism and the baser pitfalls of man. over the course of many years some of these religions gained great popularity and influence and have been manipulated and controlled by the hands of corrputed people to use such faiths and practises for their own ends.

religion these days is allegories and anthropomorphised tales of zoro astrianism for the most part.

for anyone interested in listening to some "real deep shit" regarding religions, mysticism and history have a look at a fella called Manly p hall. gives you a very different perspective of who we are and where we came from

california blue said:
Im close to the action...live right near one of the churches and have many mates who are scientologists.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it and everyone i know is completely normal.

If makes you happy then who gives a fuck

if an old lady was sold a complete con-job to replace the roof on her house but 'was happy with it' after she parted with $50,000 for let's say something that shouldn't have cost more than $5,000 and wasn't even necessary, is there any harm in that?

Scientology is a total fraud, and frankly anyone who promotes it is in on the con. Only it's oily association with more tenured and philanthropic religious organisations prevents its proponents from being prosecuted and locked up.

seriously, if you understood where it came from and what it's all about you'd only come to one conclusion.

I guess you're 'pro' Moonies too?

(<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonie_%28Unification_Church%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonie_%28 ... _Church%29</a> since you might not know what I'm talking about)

MCFCinUSA said:
california blue said:
Im close to the action...live right near one of the churches and have many mates who are scientologists.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it and everyone i know is completely normal.

If makes you happy then who gives a fuck

if an old lady was sold a complete con-job to replace the roof on her house but 'was happy with it' after she parted with $50,000 for let's say something that shouldn't have cost more than $5,000 and wasn't even necessary, is there any harm in that?

Scientology is a total fraud, and frankly anyone who promotes it is in on the con. Only it's oily association with more tenured and philanthropic religious organisations prevents its proponents from being prosecuted and locked up.

seriously, if you understood where it came from and what it's all about you'd only come to one conclusion.

(<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonie_%28Unification_Church%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonie_%28 ... _Church%29</a> since you might not know what I'm talking about)
There you go again. Putting words in peoples mouths and being presumptious.
Whatever you feel about the organisation, prob the same as me, you couldn't detect the honesty in caliblues post and try to enlighten him in a more gentle manner. No. You had to accuse him of other things and try to belittle him. My god, what a charming, informative, humourless little prick you really are.
Why dont you just leave people alone you obnoxious little twat.
Quote- "Since you might not know what IM talking about"
Get over yourself.

-dabz- said:
MCFCinUSA said:

Whatever you feel about the organisation, prob the same as me, you couldn't detect the honesty in caliblues post and try to enlighten him in a more gentle manner. No. You had to accuse him of other things and try to belittle him. My god, what a charming, informative, humourless little prick you really are.
Get over yourself.

I'm not sure if you understand how pernicious Scientology can be, but you probably don't care as you seem more interested in me, LOL.

Feel free to flame me on other threads; it's always worth a chuckle.

MC[size=150][/size]FCinUSA said:
-dabz- said:
Get over yourself.

I'm not sure if you understand how pernicious Scientology can be, but you probably don't care as you seem more interested in me, LOL.

Feel free to flame me on other threads; it's always worth a chuckle.
There you go again. The reason this thread exists is because of a damning programme that was aired on British tv earlier, in tandem with one a few years ago by the same guy. So yes, as implausible as it seems, I DO have and understanding on how pernicious Scientology can be. The question is, do you have an incline of how pernicious YOU are?

"always worth a chuckle"
An indication to your own self importance....
Nice knowing you dickwad.
If this is how you, and people of your ilk get your kicks....
God help us

Dabz, you must be confusing me with the way you think.

I simply posted information about a very respected book I read some decades ago about Scientology and its formation for anyone interested enough to follow up on it. It's a very clear and thorough look into the origins of what Scientology is, and the amazing manner in which it came about.

still, if it makes you feel happier to rant and rave, and flame me - here or on other threads, then by all means why should I take away your fun?

it's not about being petty, but it is about sharing an informed opinion about the topics under discussion, not about engaging in silly childish insults and petty personal vendettas; neither of which I'm interested in or engage with.

I still highly recommend this:-

Cults of Unreason is a non-fiction book on Scientology, pseudoscience, and cults, written by Christopher Riche Evans, Ph.D. The book was first published in 1974 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux, and then again in paperback in 1975, by Delacorte Press. The book was also published in German, by Rowohlt, in 1976.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.