Scoop 6 Week 16

How will covid affect travel over for horse stables?
Irish horses have been coming over during COVID , think Mullins had one at Market Rasen a couple of weeks ago granted not en masse like the festival invasion from over the Irish sea . The festival without the Irish would be like the league cup without city if you know what I mean . You’re right Leighton honeysuckle looked good , superb ride from Rachel but she won’t have her own way come March

Irish horses have been coming over during COVID , think Mullins had one at Market Rasen a couple of weeks ago granted not en masse like the festival invasion from over the Irish sea . The festival without the Irish would be like the league cup without city if you know what I mean . You’re right Leighton honeysuckle looked good , superb ride from Rachel but she won’t have her own way come March
Yes, I meant on masse tbh and I know the festival without the Irish would be pointless but also it will kind of be anyways with no crowd

Yes, I meant on masse tbh and I know the festival without the Irish would be pointless but also it will kind of be anyways with no crowd
Pretty sure everything is in place for the festival regarding the Irish but you’re right not same without the crowd , been a couple of times and it’s a great occasion

I have heard that the Irish horse racing board was in contact with there british counterparts to kind of get it back to normal before Brexit. The cost has gone up is what i heard. So sadly some wont travel over. Expect the big trainers to have a good few going from Willes yard to Gordon Elliotts and Henrys too.
I just think for the smaller yards the cost now if they have a fancy they will have to choose do they go to Cheltenham or Aintree if they can afford it. Or do they stay at home and go out big to win or compete for the big races here. The Dublin Festival has been great since it started. So its good for Irish Jumps to have that festival with Punchestown after Easter. A good way to add classy grade 1 races.

I have heard that the Irish horse racing board was in contact with there british counterparts to kind of get it back to normal before Brexit. The cost has gone up is what i heard. So sadly some wont travel over. Expect the big trainers to have a good few going from Willes yard to Gordon Elliotts and Henrys too.
I just think for the smaller yards the cost now if they have a fancy they will have to choose do they go to Cheltenham or Aintree if they can afford it. Or do they stay at home and go out big to win or compete for the big races here. The Dublin Festival has been great since it started. So its good for Irish Jumps to have that festival with Punchestown after Easter. A good way to add classy grade 1 races.
Money no object to the likes of Gigginstown , McManus , Ricci and co Cheltenham is the pinnacle of the NH calendar like you say great to see grade 1 races at the DRF before Cheltenham . Some excellent performances today and more tomorrow, some of my ante post bets looking good

See Gigginstown wont be around for much longer which is a shame. They put a lot of money into the jumps kinda hoping they have a change of mind. They will be back again at some time is my guessing. Being honest with Covid you would be expecting Michael O Leary hasnt been doing a lot so would of loved for them to be at the sales buying a few more but sadly not the case.

The costs of running Gigginstown for O Leary and he compares Jump racing to a alcoholic trying to avoid a pub is him trying to avoid the sales. I do think he will get it going again in the future. Some of his costs 4 million a year in training fees.

The costs of running Gigginstown for O Leary and he compares Jump racing to a alcoholic trying to avoid a pub is him trying to avoid the sales. I do think he will get it going again in the future. Some of his costs 4 million a year in training fees.
They’ve been talking about cutting it down for a while now they’ll be concentrating on quality over quantity , there is always somebody to step in cheveley park and Robcour spending big . The costs like you say are astronomical for an operation that size . My brother was head lad at a few stables and he told me the weekly cost without vet fees , entries etc absolutely toe curling mate

Yeah i know sure the industry in Ireland is huge. Make you think how much JP is putting into the National Hunt game both in Ireland and the UK. He does it a good way if he buys from a small trainer he leaves the horse with that trainer generally along with his links with the top yards too.
As i said just knowing about O Leary I do think in the future he will try and get Giggingstown back up again. Might be when he steps away from Ryanair give him more time to maybe hit his habit again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.