Scott Carson signs a new one year deal (Pg 11)

Are people really moaning about this? He's a third choice keeper ffs. He's clearly come in and done a good job, so why not give him a contract?

He takes up a squad space. Other than that, totally agree.

That's the serious answer.
The CFG Board will leave minor issues like this to Txiki and his minions. That's his job.
Ok. I'll try one last time.

If you asked Txiki why City signed Scott Carson, what do you think he would say?

Please don't be obtuse again.

He's obviously a very popular guy in the dressing room, and is presumably on relative peanuts (although £10k a week or whatever he's on is still a pretty cushty number given that he probably won't have to play all season).

Ok. I'll try one last time.

If you asked Txiki why City signed Scott Carson, what do you think he would say?

Please don't be obtuse again.
I think he'd say that Scott is a bloke who has experience in case of emergency, and that he's happy to keep fit and sit in the stand until he's called upon.
I suspect that Scott will be using much of his time at City to get coaching qualifications and working with the lads/ladies at the CFA.
Richard Wright held a similar role, so I don't see it as surprising.

My only issue would be that he takes up a squad place.

All clubs have an older keeper as 3rd keeper, plenty of experience and not kicking off about game time, one of those things you need but don't use, we've got loads of things round the house that mrs frog needed and never uses, ice cream maker,bread maker, cordless vac and a dyson (dyson does get used) treadmill, exercise bike, a gym even, yes definitely needed but never used

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.