Scott Carson signs a new one year deal (Pg 11)

I was replying to Eccles saying he was a good keeper. Well he`s kept it well hidden from the rest of the teams in the premiership because none of the other teams have ended up with him on the books.
And? No other Premier League side ended up with de Bruyne or Foden on their books. Your logic is completely flawed.

Is Carson a PL first choice standard GK? No.
Is he a capable 3rd choice GK? Definitely.
Does he have experience that very few 3rd choice keepers have? Definitely.
I mean, he's got well over 500 career apps, 4 England caps and a Champions League medal.

If he was wanted by PL clubs as a first choice, he wouldn't settle for being emergency cover. 1 PL game in 10 years is meaningless because in those 10 years he has played 77 times in Turkey, over 200 Championship appearances for Wigan and Derby, and proven himself to City (players and staff) with his knowledge, experience and conduct during his loan.

Last edited:
Much has been said about PL experience... I don't think that comes into it at all when we're talking about goalkeepers.
A good, experienced keeper is a good, experienced keeper at any level.
The only difference in the PL is the size of the crowd behind the goal.

The only issue here is the squad place a third keeper takes up.

Much has been said about PL experience... I don't think that comes into it at all when we're talking about goalkeepers.
A good, experienced keeper is a good, experienced keeper at any level.
The only difference in the PL is the size of the crowd behind the goal.

The only issue here is the squad place a third keeper takes up.
Sorry just to be clear this is at the expense of an outfielder as opposed to an academy goalie as the third option?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.