Scott Carson signs a new one year deal (Pg 11)

Can anyone tell me why we have given this waste of space a contract.
Go listen to Pep speak about him for your answer. Who would you have preferred? Every single 3rd choice keeper is going to be a waste of space unless you have some serious injuries issues, you have to have one so the best you can do is bring in somebody who is going to be good for the group (he's apparently extremely well liked and it shows in any behind the scenes stuff City release) get somebody with experience to hopefully have rub off on your younger keepers and have somebody who could do a job in a worst case scenario. He ticks every single box.

The only thing we could possibly do to improve on him would be to bring in a club trained 3rd keeper who's equally as well liked, experienced and capable. Wayne Hennessey was available that maybe fits the bill but I don't think he was ever with us long enough to actually count and he sees himself as still being able to play so there's nobody that fits those requirements meaning there's nobody better than Carson.

Chelsea have caballero, Liverpool have Adrian, United have Heaton and we have Carson, there's no difference between them

He’s third choice and is seemingly a good influence to have around the team. Can’t see why there’s any argument
Second and third choice keeper in a top team behind the likes of Ederson must be hard to fill and probably always a danger of ending up with someone who's pissed off with no game time and then becomes toxic, so the influence on the team thing is crucial.

Which is 1 more than Messi, still don't get your point.

He played 9 games for Liverpool, including a UEFA Champions league quarter final, which they won and also played for the National team so he must have had something about him? :-)

How are you? Have you rejoined the OSC?

Those 9 games were between 2004/2007 not too convincing really.

I`m ok thanks Sheila I hope you`re well to. No I haven`t join yet but will do. Hope to see you on the coach and in the club soon.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.