Scott Parker? Please God No!

Braggster said:
A) Parker is not a bust at 3 clubs. That is your opinion, and I might add in my view quite incorrect.

B) He is not a jack of all trades. He is a central midfielder

B) Never said we HAD to buy from the PL. However we do need to make sure that the players we buy in January can make an immediate impact. You will, no doubt, be aware that many better-managed clubs than City have found this difficult particularly when buying from abroad. Buying players who are well acquainted with the particular demands of the premier league is one way of ensuring the odds are stacked in your favour in this regard. It doesn't mean we can't buy from abroad. But it does mean that in our position as it stands we should assess very carefully how quickly such players would adapt. Hardly insular, just common sense.

a) He's certainly been a failure at West Ham and Chelsea. Newcastle were only too pleased to get rid.

b) Central midfielder that isn't particularly good defensively, or going forward.

c) Definate comfort zone thinking.

Deja vu anyone?

Same thing happened when Chelsea got all that money and went on a spending spree?

Signed from Charlton for £10mil (lol) played 15 games (including sub appearances) for a season and a half then offloaded for £6.5mil to Newcastle.

Bad signing, don't rate him, injury prone, we can do better.

Braggster said:
moomba said:
No point getting a bust at three clubs on the off chance he might lift us a meaningless place or two on the table, when we can look beyond that, broaden our reach and look for people that can make that immediate impact, and stil contribute to us taking the next step.

Scott Parker, a 29 year old, injury prone £7.5m+ rated jack of all trades is not that man, he runs around a lot, huffs and puffs, but he creates nothing, breaks up very little, scores nothing and is just plainly not good enough to make an immediate contribution to the side now.

And the whole, we must buy from the premier league thinking is insular and counter productive. We should be broadening our horizons not putting a limit on them.

A) Parker is not a bust at 3 clubs. That is your opinion, and I might add in my view quite incorrect.

B) He is not a jack of all trades. He is a central midfielder

B) Never said we HAD to buy from the PL. However we do need to make sure that the players we buy in January can make an immediate impact. You will, no doubt, be aware that many better-managed clubs than City have found this difficult particularly when buying from abroad. Buying players who are well acquainted with the particular demands of the premier league is one way of ensuring the odds are stacked in your favour in this regard. It doesn't mean we can't buy from abroad. But it does mean that in our position as it stands we should assess very carefully how quickly such players would adapt. Hardly insular, just common sense.

i don't particularly rate Scott Parker and would be dissappointed if we signed him.

but also, whilst i'm not an advocate, this thing about primarily signing players from the premier league isn't necessarily a bad thing...all i'll say on it is Aston villa.

Parker is no better than Barton. He isn't fit to lace Johnson's, Elano's, Fernandes or Hamman's boots

A consistent midfielder.....what are we thinking!!!

To be honest i'd take him. He was class at Charlton, didn't get a chance at chelsea and he's been on of the few good players in two very poor sides.

He is better than Hamman....seen as though Hamman cannot run. He's better than Gelson. He's not as good as Vinnie but not many available holding midfielders are. Senna springs to mind but at 32, if he didn't adapt quickly he'd be written off. Parker would be a much better option to see us through to the summer. No need to adjust to the premier league. Could fit straight in.

Would rather have him and Kompany in midefield away from home than Kompany+Elano/Didi/Gelson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.