Scott Parker

Stevinio

Would you have him for 5m and 70k a week? Even though he's 30? Still a class act and could do a top job for us.

No, he is one of those players who looks excellent in a crap team but would soon be nothing special in a better team. He was absolutely awful for England recently. Even Spurs have cooled on him and it looks like Villa are his main suitors now.

LoveCity said:
No, he is one of those players who looks excellent in a crap team but would soon be nothing special in a better team. He was absolutely awful for England recently. Even Spurs have cooled on him and it looks like Villa are his main suitors now.

What are you basing your first point on Lovecity? One poor performance for England and his mixed spell at Chelsea?
He was fantastic in his previous appearance for England and Chelsea was simply wrong time and wrong place...which has happened to far better players than Parker.

I'm not saying we should sign him. But there is undeniably a snobbery concerning the lad simply because he's an unfussy British player who has mainly played for mediocre sides.

Personally I think he'd greatly enhance most teams in the top flight and that includes the likes of United and Arsenal who are in need of a player like him.

average player IMO,do you think if he played in La Liga for a team that finished bottom of the league he'd be voted player of the year?
Like fuck he would,this country just loves losers

Lucky Toma said:
What are you basing your first point on Lovecity? One poor performance for England and his mixed spell at Chelsea?

He's had one standout season in his entire career - at nearly 31 we should be spending 70k/week wages on someone with far more upside than Parker, who has never proven himself at a high level and wasn't even anything special at Newcastle. His career is having an Indian summer and I think there is a good reason no top club are in for him, I'd rather buy a young Spanish kid with upside for the 7m he'd cost than gamble on someone who could be a one season wonder and who will be slowing down in the not too distant future.

Stevinio said:
Would you have him for 5m and 70k a week? Even though he's 30? Still a class act and could do a top job for us.

What´s the point in asking...We will not buy elder players unless they got a long CL-history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.