Scottish Blues

Regular Joe, your right the Premier Inn your at is a bit far out but there is a bus service (39) that gets you into Dundee from right outside your digs..

Taxi fare to the hotel shouldn't cost anymore than £10-£15. Although would tell your driver your at the East Pemier Inn as the centre of Broughty is technically 2 or 3 miles from where your staying. Any questions at all, feel free to give me a shout...

Regular Joe said:
For Dundee I've booked 2 nights in Dundee East Premier Inn, which actually appears to be on a main road in the middle of nowhere well outside town, somewhere called Broughty. Accommodation prices in Dundee itself are shocking though, and I'm taking the family to this one, so it'll have to do.

Back to Manchester on Monday for 3 days back in work then back up to Edinburgh on Friday morning. Booked the Princes Street Travelodge which is only £60 for 3 of us, so I'm happy with that.

Can't believe the season starts next week. Bring it on.

See my posts regarding a meet up before the hearts game!

The Ledge said:
I'd be interested in buses from Edinburgh. I've got a family of seasoncard holders and we live in South Queensferry. Don't do Facebook though.

Are you making the hearts game?

dfc1893 said:
Regular Joe, your right the Premier Inn your at is a bit far out but there is a bus service (39) that gets you into Dundee from right outside your digs..

Taxi fare to the hotel shouldn't cost anymore than £10-£15. Although would tell your driver your at the East Pemier Inn as the centre of Broughty is technically 2 or 3 miles from where your staying. Any questions at all, feel free to give me a shout...

Cheers mate. I was thinking of checking in to the hotel on Saturday then spending the rest of that day in Broughty Ferry area, as you suggested in your other post - have a meal, few beers, and wander round if its a nice day. Then go into Dundee on the Sunday for the game. Just undecided where to watch the World Cup Final, but Roy Hodgson's boys never put me in any danger of an uncomfortable night cheering on England so I'll play that one by ear ;-)

HFCCTID said:
Regular Joe said:
For Dundee I've booked 2 nights in Dundee East Premier Inn, which actually appears to be on a main road in the middle of nowhere well outside town, somewhere called Broughty. Accommodation prices in Dundee itself are shocking though, and I'm taking the family to this one, so it'll have to do.

Back to Manchester on Monday for 3 days back in work then back up to Edinburgh on Friday morning. Booked the Princes Street Travelodge which is only £60 for 3 of us, so I'm happy with that.

Yeah, there's 5 of us heading up to the Hearts game from Didsbury Blues so count us in and I'll let the others know. One of them is also a Hearts fan though, and he may have his own idea about where he wants to take us - but we'll definitely be there at some stage.

Regular Joe said:
HFCCTID said:
Regular Joe said:

Yeah, there's 5 of us heading up to the Hearts game from Didsbury Blues so count us in and I'll let the others know. One of them is also a Hearts fan though, and he may have his own idea about where he wants to take us - but we'll definitely be there at some stage.

That's fine mate, get there if it's possible!!

Regular Joe said:
dfc1893 said:

Cheers mate. I was thinking of checking in to the hotel on Saturday then spending the rest of that day in Broughty Ferry area, as you suggested in your other post - have a meal, few beers, and wander round if its a nice day. Then go into Dundee on the Sunday for the game. Just undecided where to watch the World Cup Final, but Roy Hodgson's boys never put me in any danger of an uncomfortable night cheering on England so I'll play that one by ear ;-)

No worries mate,

Yeah would say going into Broughty Ferry on the Saturday is your best bet. Theres a beach to go to provided the weather is ok and numerous pubs to choose from:

Jolly's is now a typical weatherspoons pub, Bruach and Papa Jaques are okay provided you've got the bank balance of a Premiership footballer -but worthwile going to for a pint all the same. The Fishermans Tavern and Ship Inn -next to the lifeboat shed are good old fashioned pubs with low ceilings whilst the Fort Bar nearby is your best bet for a good night out. They will be showing the 3rd/4th place match then will have a DJ on afterwards. Good crowd of people and will be full of Dark Blues. Good bunch of guys who'll be more than happy to make you feel welcome.

Would also reccommend the Fort for watching the the World Cup Final. Not too big and not too small...Three large widescreen Tv's altogether in the Lounge and Bar and okay prices, around £3 a pint. Good staff too.

If you want to go into the town I would go for the the Trades House Bar, they have a big screen for the football, good bunch of guys too and you'll find they wont be bothered who your supporting now that England are out lol ;-)

Anymore questions, give me a shout ...we're looking forward to having you here!

HFCCTID said:
The Ledge said:
I'd be interested in buses from Edinburgh. I've got a family of seasoncard holders and we live in South Queensferry. Don't do Facebook though.

Are you making the hearts game?

Unfortunately not. I have other (shitty) arrangements which mean I can't do the Friday but will be there at the open training on the Thursday. Do have tickets for the Dundee game though and am just about to book the train.

dfc1893 said:
Regular Joe said:
dfc1893 said:

No worries mate,

Yeah would say going into Broughty Ferry on the Saturday is your best bet. Theres a beach to go to provided the weather is ok and numerous pubs to choose from:

Jolly's is now a typical weatherspoons pub, Bruach and Papa Jaques are okay provided you've got the bank balance of a Premiership footballer -but worthwile going to for a pint all the same. The Fishermans Tavern and Ship Inn -next to the lifeboat shed are good old fashioned pubs with low ceilings whilst the Fort Bar nearby is your best bet for a good night out. They will be showing the 3rd/4th place match then will have a DJ on afterwards. Good crowd of people and will be full of Dark Blues. Good bunch of guys who'll be more than happy to make you feel welcome.

Would also reccommend the Fort for watching the the World Cup Final. Not too big and not too small...Three large widescreen Tv's altogether in the Lounge and Bar and okay prices, around £3 a pint. Good staff too.

If you want to go into the town I would go for the the Trades House Bar, they have a big screen for the football, good bunch of guys too and you'll find they wont be bothered who your supporting now that England are out lol ;-)

Good stuff mate. Thanks for all your advice. Looking forward to a great weekend away.

Regular Joe said:
dfc1893 said:
Regular Joe said:

No worries mate,

Good stuff mate. Thanks for all your advice. Looking forward to a great weekend away.

No worries Regular Joe, hope you and the other blues enjoyed your weekend in spite of the result. Got a soft spot now for City after watching the game and speaking to a few of you guys who had made the trip. Where did you end up going to see the World Cup Final?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.