Scouting in kids football.

staffs_blue

My football obsessed 5 year old has recently started training with an u7's team.

He isnt legally allowed to play for the team until he turns 6(April) but the coach asked me to bring him along anyway to still be involved.

A few of the other parents and the coach have said to me that he 'is gonna be some player when he grows up'.

Not sure how true it is but I have been told that scouts dont bother coming to kids football anymore and that it's up to parents to arrange trials with clubs at a cost to them!

Obviously my lad is way too young for those kinds of shenanigans but has anybody else got any experience of this or is it bullshit?

They do come and scout as my grandson who is 6 is at city and the scum and Blackburn have asked if he would like to go there aswell

Scouts do attend all football matches, a parent has no need to contact a club, and there should not be a cost involved, and also if a football coach or someone like that reccomends a kid to city they 100% attend as if they didn't and the kid went elsewhere and made it that would be in shit

My football obsessed 5 year old has recently started training with an u7's team.

He isnt legally allowed to play for the team until he turns 6(April) but the coach asked me to bring him along anyway to still be involved.

A few of the other parents and the coach have said to me that he 'is gonna be some player when he grows up'.

Not sure how true it is but I have been told that scouts dont bother coming to kids football anymore and that it's up to parents to arrange trials with clubs at a cost to them!

Obviously my lad is way too young for those kinds of shenanigans but has anybody else got any experience of this or is it bullshit?

My advice would be;
1, keep him away from academies at that age.
2, Get yourself on a coaching course, learn as much as possible, get some qualifications
3, Let him play , enjoy himself, encourage him, make sure he uses both feet.
4, take him to games, point out the importance of first touch, finding space, the basics.
5, Dont be like some of the obsessed parents I see around , touting their children around and encouraging bad habits and poor attitude.

In my opinion some academy coaches are blunting kids development by obsessing certain traits. Encouragement, developing the work ethic, concentrating on the basics and above all enjoyment are most important at that age.
No scout or coach can say how a six year old will progress, or to what potential they might aspire. In fact at that age you can gleam more info from the parents than the child.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.