Scouting report on Matthew Mills

I think Walcott went to Arsenal the same window for at leat £5M rising to over £10M. Maybe if we used the Mills and Samaras money combined then some extra we may have got him.

Daniel Sturridge said:
I heard when Wigley came he said we could get Mills for £250k or Walcott for £1M and we went for Mills.

Wigley said that we should offer £3m (I think) for Walcott. Southampton wouldn't have sold him for that little, and Walcott would never have come to us back then.

moomba said:
Daniel Sturridge said:
I heard when Wigley came he said we could get Mills for £250k or Walcott for £1M and we went for Mills.

Wigley said that we should offer £3m (I think) for Walcott. Southampton wouldn't have sold him for that little, and Walcott would never have come to us back then.

For once I agree...although since even the most casual observer of football could agree he was already being scouted by the big boys (notice, I didn't say there had been bids put in for him!) - it does beg the question why did Pearce even begin to insinuate he could've had him for a cut price.

Either he was being very very naive, or he was closer to the truth than we think we are...

Daniel Sturridge said:
Corky said:
Daniel Sturridge said:
The lad was hopeless full stop.

Was it right that Pearce had the choice between him and Walcott?

Walcott would have cost about 20 times as much.

Thats right mate. Pearce mentioned it in a Press Conference and I remember thinking at the time that if I had dropped a bollock like that I would be keeping it to myself not telling everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.