Scouts and transfers

bondsman

I said it before the season kicked off that other teams had done better than us in the transfer window. We did poorly in terms of buys last season as well. We also seen to miss our first choices. So my question is Who is scouting players like Garcia, Sinclair, savic, fernandinho and urging us to spend large amounts on these players. Also why are we not in for the likes of Eriksen or ozil when these players become available. Liverpool Everton and spurs have all done better business than others simply in terms of addressing areas they were weak in. Everyone who watched us last year knew we needed pace in the middle of the park and some width a left back to rival clichy and another creative player and cb. We have got none of these IMO fernandinho is neither quick strong or creative. Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football and we still have fucking kolarov! Then we let Barry go. I really think whoever is in charge of transfers at present is at fault for many of our current issues.

bondsman said:
I said it before the season kicked off that other teams had done better than us in the transfer window. We did poorly in terms of buys last season as well. We also seen to miss our first choices. So my question is Who is scouting players like Garcia, Sinclair, savic, fernandinho and urging us to spend large amounts on these players. Also why are we not in for the likes of Eriksen or ozil when these players become available. Liverpool Everton and spurs have all done better business than others simply in terms of addressing areas they were weak in. Everyone who watched us last year knew we needed pace in the middle of the park and some width a left back to rival clichy and another creative player and cb. We have got none of these IMO fernandinho is neither quick strong or creative. Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football and we still have fucking kolarov! Then we let Barry go. I really think whoever is in charge of transfers at present is at fault for many of our current issues.

It does seem we have stuffed up over the last three transfers and it appears that some of the earlier buys have there best football behind them.

It's surprising that a club with our clout at least money wise should do so poorly in the market.

Clearly the pressure is mounting on Tixi and Co and if MP fails I would expect the owners to remove them quickly from their roles.

Stopped reading when you said "Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football".

bondsman said:
I'm guessing part of this is that we'd spent as much as we wanted before Eriksen and Ozil became available. Many said we should have gone for Ozil as soon as Isco went to RM, but were they willing to sell before the Bale deal was completed? Also, they might have been willing to sell (if they were 100% sure of getting Bale) but wouldn't release him until Bale arrived which might have been too late for us as we wanted to be sorted pre-season. This assumes we wouldn't have bought Demichelis had Vince not picked up an injury.
On your earlier point I assume savic and Garcia were scouted by people looking for good (sort of) players rather than players that could deal with the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

Ozil was offered to us but apparently his dad wanted 5m in agent's fees and we turned them down. Never mind the ludicrous 42m fee.

Eriksen was a player that I would have liked us to sign but no one on here can say with any real credibility if we bid or didn't bid so you can't criticize the club for not signing someone who for all we know didn't want to join!

also regarding the likes of Savic, Garcia and Fernandinho. Its pretty obvious that they were impressing in their respective leagues and if you don't buy them how can you ever know if they will be a good signing or not.

BigOscar said:
Stopped reading when you said "Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football".

You seriously think he's as quick as bale, Walcott, evra, cole, Lennon, agbonglahor, Valencia, Sanchez, alves to name a few? I don't think he's much quicker than Milner tbf

bondsman said:
BigOscar said:

You seriously think he's as quick as bale, Walcott, evra, cole, Lennon, agbonglahor, Valencia, Sanchez, alves to name a few? I don't think he's much quicker than Milner tbf
Then you need new eyes. Navas is one of the fastest players in the world, Milner is a tractor

BigOscar said:
Although you're right that he's wrong on the Navas point, I shall point out that you essentially read his full post when you declared you'd stopped reading!<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 am --<br /><br />Although I do agree with the OP that we've fucked up on our transfers and it's starting to annoy me. There's been plenty of young talent out there to buy - Sakho, Coutinho, De Bruyne, Reus etc. All players who have talent and a heart. Yet we've opted for players who seemingly can't be arsed. It does annoy me and I do have to step back and take into account all the bollocks which goes on behind transfers such as players not wanting to uplift, agents dicking around etc.

CTID101 said:
Ozil was offered to us but apparently his dad wanted 5m in agent's fees and we turned them down. Never mind the ludicrous 42m fee.

Eriksen was a player that I would have liked us to sign but no one on here can say with any real credibility if we bid or didn't bid so you can't criticize the club for not signing someone who for all we know didn't want to join!

also regarding the likes of Savic, Garcia and Fernandinho. Its pretty obvious that they were impressing in their respective leagues and if you don't buy them how can you ever know if they will be a good signing or not.

These agents fee's have cost us Ozil and Hazard in the last 2 summer windows if you believe what you read.

BigOscar said:
bondsman said:
BigOscar said:

Then you need new eyes. Navas is one of the fastest players in the world, Milner is a tractor

Very few players run past Milner mate. I'm yet to see navas properly run away from anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.