Scouts and transfers

East Level 2 said:
bondsman said:
I said it before the season kicked off that other teams had done better than us in the transfer window. We did poorly in terms of buys last season as well. We also seen to miss our first choices. So my question is Who is scouting players like Garcia, Sinclair, savic, fernandinho and urging us to spend large amounts on these players. Also why are we not in for the likes of Eriksen or ozil when these players become available. Liverpool Everton and spurs have all done better business than others simply in terms of addressing areas they were weak in. Everyone who watched us last year knew we needed pace in the middle of the park and some width a left back to rival clichy and another creative player and cb. We have got none of these IMO fernandinho is neither quick strong or creative. Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football and we still have fucking kolarov! Then we let Barry go. I really think whoever is in charge of transfers at present is at fault for many of our current issues.
I'm guessing part of this is that we'd spent as much as we wanted before Eriksen and Ozil became available. Many said we should have gone for Ozil as soon as Isco went to RM, but were they willing to sell before the Bale deal was completed? Also, they might have been willing to sell (if they were 100% sure of getting Bale) but wouldn't release him until Bale arrived which might have been too late for us as we wanted to be sorted pre-season. This assumes we wouldn't have bought Demichelis had Vince not picked up an injury.
On your earlier point I assume savic and Garcia were scouted by people looking for good (sort of) players rather than players that could deal with the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

Which begs the question, why did we not go for Fellaini and Baines?

I suggested Erikson as a target last season. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge can see his talent but he's at spurs and that's that. However if were going Balls deep in the transfer Market next season then Reus is the player we need. He is sensational! Also get Barklay as he's gonna be the next big thing and I'd throw money at Tom ince and Luke Shaw. 4 players,3 English and a world class forward. And I'm not collecting £1m in scouting fees!. Out go Kolarov, Nasri ,Garcia and Edin.

bondsman said:
BigOscar said:
bondsman said:
You seriously think he's as quick as bale, Walcott, evra, cole, Lennon, agbonglahor, Valencia, Sanchez, alves to name a few? I don't think he's much quicker than Milner tbf
Then you need new eyes. Navas is one of the fastest players in the world, Milner is a tractor

Very few players run past Milner mate. I'm yet to see navas properly run away from anyone.
I suggest you watch this...
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7vByzvFZw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7vByzvFZw</a>

brand blue heavies said:
I suggested Erikson as a target last season. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge can see his talent but he's at spurs and that's that. However if were going Balls deep in the transfer Market next season then Reus is the player we need. He is sensational! Also get Barklay as he's gonna be the next big thing and I'd throw money at Tom ince and Luke Shaw. 4 players,3 English and a world class forward. And I'm not collecting £1m in scouting fees!. Out go Kolarov, Nasri ,Garcia and Edin.
Not that easy. Besides, wouldn't touch Tom Ince. #allhype

Our signings were fine, in fact most of the footballing world recognises we did good business this summer but many of our own fans don't. The problem is something deeper I think, maybe the style of football we're playing not being ideal against a growing percentage of our opponents who have learned how to counter it. We have to hope Pellegrini shifts it to something faster and more dynamic, like his previous clubs have played.

Villas-Boas said: "We all did good business, but us and City did a little better than Chelsea, Arsenal and United."

Mourinho also called our new signings excellent.

how can you criticize our signings?

Jovetic - Highly coveted by most teams, like Arsenal, Manchester United, sure I read Madrid were interested too?

Navas - Spains only winger, shows how good he is.

Fernandinho - whilst not as high profile a player who jamie redknapp said can be the best in england, Chelsea fans were in awe of him after the CL games last season.

Demichelis - got into the La Liga team of the year, played a huge part in Malaga getting to the Champions League quarter final.

Negredo - top scorer in La Liga after Ronaldo and Messi.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
how can you criticize our signings?

Jovetic - Highly coveted by most teams, like Arsenal, Manchester United, sure I read Madrid were interested too?

Navas - Spains only winger, shows how good he is.

Fernandinho - whilst not as high profile a player who jamie redknapp said can be the best in england, Chelsea fans were in awe of him after the CL games last season.

Demichelis - got into the La Liga team of the year, played a huge part in Malaga getting to the Champions League quarter final.

Negredo - top scorer in La Liga after Ronaldo and Messi.

I hope you are correct mate but you could argue we have bought

Jovetic - a striker who doesn't score
Navas - Spanish Aaron lennon
Fernadinio - gelson Fernandez mark 2
Demichelis - injured and old
Negredo - dzecko mark 2

In my opinio we have waisted millions in last few years. When We were taken over would you have been happy with rodwell, garcia in the first 11???

fredmont said:
East Level 2 said:
bondsman said:
I said it before the season kicked off that other teams had done better than us in the transfer window. We did poorly in terms of buys last season as well. We also seen to miss our first choices. So my question is Who is scouting players like Garcia, Sinclair, savic, fernandinho and urging us to spend large amounts on these players. Also why are we not in for the likes of Eriksen or ozil when these players become available. Liverpool Everton and spurs have all done better business than others simply in terms of addressing areas they were weak in. Everyone who watched us last year knew we needed pace in the middle of the park and some width a left back to rival clichy and another creative player and cb. We have got none of these IMO fernandinho is neither quick strong or creative. Navas is not especially quick by the standards of modern football and we still have fucking kolarov! Then we let Barry go. I really think whoever is in charge of transfers at present is at fault for many of our current issues.
I'm guessing part of this is that we'd spent as much as we wanted before Eriksen and Ozil became available. Many said we should have gone for Ozil as soon as Isco went to RM, but were they willing to sell before the Bale deal was completed? Also, they might have been willing to sell (if they were 100% sure of getting Bale) but wouldn't release him until Bale arrived which might have been too late for us as we wanted to be sorted pre-season. This assumes we wouldn't have bought Demichelis had Vince not picked up an injury.
On your earlier point I assume savic and Garcia were scouted by people looking for good (sort of) players rather than players that could deal with the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

Which begs the question, why did we not go for Fellaini and Baines?
Perhaps because those doing the buying believe the players we've bought can adapt to the PL. Or because they didn't consider F and B to be good enough (Baines is IMO).

bondsman said:
BigOscar said:
bondsman said:
You seriously think he's as quick as bale, Walcott, evra, cole, Lennon, agbonglahor, Valencia, Sanchez, alves to name a few? I don't think he's much quicker than Milner tbf
Then you need new eyes. Navas is one of the fastest players in the world, Milner is a tractor

Very few players run past Milner mate. I'm yet to see navas properly run away from anyone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiEQ2DS03pk[/youtube]

As for why didn't we go for Ozil, I'd have loved him here but he wasn't available until the very last day, by the time that came we had Jovetic that plays there.

Edit: Can't be arsed fixing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.