Scrap the transfer window?

cityontheup

With this transfer window being relatively quiet and with all the so called exports saying it is difficult and more expensive to buy in this window, is it time to go back to buying and selling players at any time of the year? This may help with reducing transfer fees, wages and agent fees?

It'd be a complete circus if it ever did when you consider the amount of power players and agents have now, and the 24/7 news cycle including social media. 12 months of continuous muppetry. At least now it's restricted to defined slots - we can generally enjoy the football only when the window is closed.

If the current setup does make it harder to buy players then to me that's only a small price to pay. It may even be considered a good thing.

I think we could scrap the winter window and just have maybe June/July to do moves.

Anyone at a WC/summer tournament etc will have an agent so things could still move on.

What I would like to see but have no idea how it could be policed would be tapping-up being eradicated.

Keep the transfer window but stop Sky from reporting on it :-)

Actually I think it does more harm than good, I never understood why it was brought in anyway and as I post on the 'is the game bent' thread I would say the only reason it was brought in was so agents could push up the prices of players, but even that has died off so it is time to scrap it.

I’m all in favour of scrapping it, but not sure it will have the effect of reducing transfer fees, wages etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.