Screening Away games at the Etihad

Good idea, but as with anything the cost is key. I tend to think the admission will probably be slightly overpriced, food will almost certainly be overpriced and the beer, well that will absolutely be overpriced.

If the admission was free and they sold one of the beers at say £2 a pint, and they put on basic food at reasonable prices I'd probably go.

I am interested in this, sounds a fun way to watch a game I wouldn't travel to, with possible an ex player there too so similar to a fans meeting like I arrange for disabled fans throughout the season. The survey would not let you suggest a charge of over £10 so it should be affordable to most. with limited capacity in the suite they will have to do ticket only, if you give away tickets people book then decide on the day if to go, where as if they charge a fee most who purchase will actually attend. survey mentioned ticket fee being given to charity, obviously they would look to make profit on bar and food.

This used to happen at OT occasionally during the late 80s or early 90s if I remember right. Big fuck off trucks with screens on em in the middle of the pitch, with people sat in the stand opposite. Never understood why this no longer happens. Maybe it's to do with broadcasting rights.

citymantop said:
They could award loyalty points as an extra incentive

Yeah, more paying for points depending on whose tv you watch it on. Don't give them ideas.

M15 Red said:
This used to happen at OT occasionally during the late 80s or early 90s if I remember right. Big fuck off trucks with screens on em in the middle of the pitch, with people sat in the stand opposite. Never understood why this no longer happens. Maybe it's to do with broadcasting rights.

It used to happen around 94-96 as a lot of clubs were redoing there stadiums because of the Taylor report so a lot of away allocations were reduced

I remember going to Maine Road to watch Millwall away when away fans were banned.
The first leg of the play off semi final at Springfield Park, Wigan was also beamed back.
I also remember watching Arsenal away in the Centenary lounge.
I think it was the day they took THAT PENALTY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.