Season Expectations 2020/21

MAG

No League and no FA Cup this season means we’re out of the next week’s Community Shield (gutted)!

But the big win at CAS means we still have four fronts to compete in next season ...

What are people’s expectations for the next season? It’s going to be a weird one, without fans, then eventually with maybe some fans, almost certainly no away fans ... could even be a stop start season like the last one depending on how the virus behaves alongside regular winter flu season ... and some games would be completely behind closed doors, no live TV coverage for them here in UK at least (180 games over the season in the league).

My wish obviously is to win all four ... that’s where I always start ... (gutted that it can’t be five) but here’s a more realistic (minimum) expectation:

League Cup - Win
FA Cup - SF
Premier League - Win
Champions League - SF

League Cup- Win (not top priority though)
FA Cup-Final
Premier League- Win (or finish a lot closer to the eventual Champions)
Champions League-Semi Final

Last edited:
I think we'll do better in the league, we'll put up a better fight for the title at least. The league cup will be a formality of course, FA Cup, who knows.

Then we'll be knocked out of the CL quarters by some average team when Pep decides to play a 5 man defence with Scott Carson in midfield and Moonchester up front.

Whilst I'd like to put up a good challenge in the league, I think our lack of a summer break combined with what is going to be a completely mental season for fixture congestion is going to lead to injuries and a lot of sub par performances.

Constant speculation about whether Pep will leave at the end of the season is unlikely to be beneficial either.

I'd realistically take top 4, a domestic trophy, and getting beat in the QF of the CL as per.

Last edited:
I'd really like us to bin off the league cup this year. The season is a fixture mess from the start and this competition should have been stopped. I'd play a youth team in it. League and CL should be the focus. It will be as good a chance as any to win them as I think we have a better set up than most for dealing with the turbulence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.