Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

I think this is a point that some seem to be missing when there's talk of applying a credit against next season's SC price if the rest of this season gets either voided or played behind closed doors. Even if next season were to start on time and fans were allowed in, those fans in the vulnerable category will be loathe to attend. Then add in all the over-70's who don't have underlying health conditions but if rumours are to be believed, may be advised to isolate until the autumn of 2021. Then you're left with those of us who don't fall into those categories, but how many of us are even going to be wary of setting foot inside football stadiums? I will for sure, because even if the infection risk is significantly reduced I don't want to be putting myself in an unnecessary position of increasing my chances of catching it and then passing it on to vulnerable friends and family. Just because restrictions have been lifted, that doesn't suddenly mean it's totally safe to go out mixing in big crowds again.

Basically, City can't just come up with a blanket plan to offer a credit against next year's seasoncard. They have to take the concerns of every single individual into consideration and offer refunds as well. I also think removing people from the Cup Scheme and docking their points for anyone who has requested a refund on the Real Madrid tickets is a piss poor move as well.
I think if pushed the club are on very fragile ground regarding the removal of points.
I am classed as vulnerable and requested a refund well before most. I did it purely on health and Safety grounds, if I decided to contest this decision I am 99% certain I would win my case.
I was not informed at the time that I would loose points and the club to be fair issued a refund once I explained my predicament.

City may be harder than most clubs by this.
As everyone on here is fond of stating we have not only one of the poorest and oldest fan bases.
Many myself included will not be able to attend matches again until a fully working Vacine is available, which may be never.
I have had a season ticket since 1968 with a few years gap for business and family reasons but I am sadly resigned to the fact I may never be able to see them live again.
City may loose a lot of match going fans.

I agree. It will effect us a lot. Lots of match attending city fans are in their 60s and 70s. Most of the people where I sit are, including my dad who has health issues.

I’m put off from going again, as its too much of a health risk right now. Even with a vaccine I’d be cautious about going. I suspect this could really reduce our crowd

I agree. It will effect us a lot. Lots of match attending city fans are in their 60s and 70s. Most of the people where I sit are, including my dad who has health issues.

I’m put off from going again, as its too much of a health risk right now. Even with a vaccine I’d be cautious about going. I suspect this could really reduce our crowd
I remember when we played Barça and they did that 360° fancam... when they posted it and you could look around it was amazing how many old blokes there were in our support. It might be wrong but I appeared that at about 3/5 in attendance were 50+ fellas.

I know the feeling. I have missed the social element but that is it.
This has made you realise what’s really important and sport isn’t one of them. I’ve had BBC News on this afternoon and they went to the Sports News for a bit and as they did i thought “I don’t give a shit!”

Sportsmen are just entertainers. Nothing more. They aren’t important.

Both the scum and the dippers have announced season ticket price freeze for next season plus details of what is going to happen with the games that are left this season , details are on the bbc sports pages. Details from a couple of other clubs but nothing from City. I did think that with what’s going on in the world clubs might actually reduce prices .

absolutely nothing from the club whatsoever, really poor, a pro rata refund would be a poor gesture as well, nobody would have signed up for 13 games, and then behind closed doors. Honestly think if football and City doesn't do the right thing by the fans, then people are going to sack it off in their droves. This season has been awful with VAR, throw in Covid and clubs placing finishing the season above anything else (minus the fans) then the alienation of the match going public will be complete.

The season might not start again till next year but when it does our support will be there, don't worry about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.