Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Still nothing in my bank account.

Imagine how many refunds a site like Ticketmaster are having to process... many 10s of thousands I'd imagine.

I went online about 2pm on Saturday to sort out a refund for 8 tickets for a gig in London in Nov which has been cancelled. The refund was deposited into my bank account shortly after 6pm the same day. Maybe I should get them to recommend whoever they bank with to City?

Nothing to do with the amounts involved either as the refund was actually more than I should receive for 1 adult, 1 18-21 and 1 under 16 season ticket.

Still nothing in my bank account.

Imagine how many refunds a site like Ticketmaster are having to process... many 10s of thousands I'd imagine.

I went online about 2pm on Saturday to sort out a refund for 8 tickets for a gig in London in Nov which has been cancelled. The refund was deposited into my bank account shortly after 6pm the same day. Maybe I should get them to recommend whoever they bank with to City?

Nothing to do with the amounts involved either as the refund was actually more than I should receive for 1 adult, 1 18-21 and 1 under 16 season ticket.
It's not exactly a comparable situation. Ticketmaster will have a system designed for refunds (probably a button that says Generate Refund or something) because they do it all the time, events get cancelled regularly - for them it is just scaling up an existing process. City possibly don't so it appears to be a manual process and hence the delay. Quite possibly they needed to have had written some specific code to calculate the amounts, then put the code through various tests just in case they have a coder who supports another team and thinks it'd be a laugh to give everyone an extra 10%, then it needs approval from those in charge of the department. Then there's the Direct Debit system to factor in which uses different processes than straight refunds if you fancy reading up on it.

It's not exactly a comparable situation. Ticketmaster will have a system designed for refunds (probably a button that says Generate Refund or something) because they do it all the time, events get cancelled regularly - for them it is just scaling up an existing process. City possibly don't so it appears to be a manual process and hence the delay. Quite possibly they needed to have had written some specific code to calculate the amounts, then put the code through various tests just in case they have a coder who supports another team and thinks it'd be a laugh to give everyone an extra 10%, then it needs approval from those in charge of the department. Then there's the Direct Debit system to factor in which uses different processes than straight refunds if you fancy reading up on it.

City have refunded DD payers through the ticket exchange system on a match by match basis, I thought they would just use that?

NatWest doesn’t show anything as pending coming in, however I’ll assume I’m getting the payment tomorrow as per everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.