Season Ticket Pricing as a result of Stadium Expansion

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I am not sure how they will price the upper tier for away fans on a match by match basis. Seems a bit unfair to charge a Chelsea fan £52 when a bloke sat a few rows from him in the city end has paid £299 for 19 matches.
But other clubs have been doing that to us for years. Possibly not with the same differential on a match by match basis but lots of clubs have used the fact that "same price for same stand" doesn't apply to S/T holders.

Doesn't make it right whoever does it.

I like the idea of this reciprocal agreement that clubs are doing for each others away fans.

Newcastle and West Brom for example, charging each others fans £15 at their respective games. Now that for me is progress but I have a feeling that Us, rags, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool won't get involved in this at all. I hope I am wrong.

I like the idea of this reciprocal agreement that clubs are doing for each others away fans.

Newcastle and West Brom for example, charging each others fans £15 at their respective games. Now that for me is progress but I have a feeling that Us, rags, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool won't get involved in this at all. I hope I am wrong.

I don't think we'll get invited to get involved because I don't think Newcastle and WBA will want to reduce the ticket prices for games where they know they've got a good chance of selling out anyway.

dannybcity said:

I don't think we'll get invited to get involved because I don't think Newcastle and WBA will want to reduce the ticket prices for games where they know they've got a good chance of selling out anyway.

That and we've already played Newcastle. Besides which they are using the £200,000 from the Premier League to subsidise it. Money we've added to and used for the half price away games offer.

No one expects a free ride, but if our seasontickets were to go to around £900-1,500 then the end product would be a disaster.

I've never once seen City be a club that will 'sell its soul' as they say, but if the prices go sky high then i do fear soon it'll all be about the money.

It already is in some aspects, the whole cup scheme priority thing is about making sure they get your cash. But if it carries on as a whole, our fanbase won't be the same it always has been.

That 60,000 expanded stadium won't reach 50,000 for some games, City need to tread carefully.

Match day tickets are only one part of the equation. Irregular visitors spend much more (per visit) on merchandise and I'd hope that City make the margins there, rather than £1500 season ticket for regulars.

When Barton was acting up one game I did the maths and figured that my season ticket cost (over the 12 years that I had it) paid for about a days work. Puts our ticket contribution into perspective....

blueparrot said:
DiscoSteve said:
Being in the firing line in 201, whilst I know I will be able to stand an increase from £775 to £1150 (if I can pay in installments) I'm pretty certain that a large number of the gang I sit with (about 25, all from the same SC Branch) won't - so I suspect we're probably all going to move to the south stand...

If you move to the south stand am I right in assuming you won't be looking at the £299 tickets and therefore not competing with people on the waiting list for the new cheap tickets. Also why would you go straight for the South without looking at maybe 101 or 301 ?

Just jumping back to a point raised a couple of days ago, I'll give my view - I'm in block 223. Most of the people around us have been in the same seats since we moved to the Etihad (COMS as was). Before that, many of us were Main Stand Whingers together, and the club picked us all up and dropped us next to each other. If we want to move together again, where will the club put us - are there large blocks of seats in 323 above or 123 below? Bet there aren't. Even finding 4 or 5 together will be a struggle I think. So, where are there large blocks available for several thousand to fit in - only the new stands....

And, the way it's being structured, we'll have to relocate first before someone in 323 is allowed to move, so once again, people may find seats available but only after we've committed....

I take the point entirely that Colin's Bellend makes about corporates using the £1150 pricepoint. However, the comparison isn't a £36k box, it's a £5k restaurant seat which are not sold out....

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but I haven't got time to read the entire thread. If I'm not mistaken, the real message in that letter that came in the post last week was that starting the season after next it's going to cost a minimum of 1150 quid to stay anywhere in level 2, so if you don't want to pay that sort of money you better shift at the end of this season. Have I got that right? I hope not.

Victory Street said:
Sorry if I'm going over old ground but I haven't got time to read the entire thread. If I'm not mistaken, the real message in that letter that came in the post last week was that starting the season after next it's going to cost a minimum of 1150 quid to stay anywhere in level 2, so if you don't want to pay that sort of money you better shift at the end of this season. Have I got that right? I hope not.

Padded seats only I think so behind the goals ok

Victory Street said:

Padded seats only I think so behind the goals ok
That's how it was explained to me (by you I think) so it must be right :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.