Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

You seem to be a bit of a keyboard warrior dishing it out to anyone who dare have an opinion different to yours.
All ive said is given the apparent demand on here for tickets then we should have no problem selling out each game. Please explain why that makes me a tit?
The sly comments from a few that due to todays demand then every single ticket will get snapped up. When a lot of the empties are season ticket holders who no show… them tickets now won’t get snapped up as city and football in general is a rip off. So someone would take this ticket as the 14 might be the cost of about 6 of them on general sale. There won’t be many unless they financially can who will pay full whack for them shit games. Again. I’m sure you’re another full season ticket holder telling people who got silver and even the ones who missed out that it’s alright. Can’t wait until everyone is thrown onto a silver

Did all the people who thought it was a good idea, switch to silver when offered I presume?
And your point is?

I didn't but I'm quite happy with my current ticket as I go to every game. One of the committee wanted one, as they're in a position to attend regularly now, but didn't get one.

You're coming over as a bit of a dickhead on this thread frankly.

To take account of that there will probably be more experiments. I'd offer a ticket bundle that allowed you to attend 1 Category A game, 2 Category B games and 3 Category C games. I'd also mirror Arsenal's pricing, where you pay £75 for a Category A game but half that for Category B games and around £25/30 for Category C games.
£75 PB? You can count me out at that price, no doubt a tourist will happily take my place.

The club discussed it with us fully. We thought it was a good idea to allow fans to attend games at far less cost than a normal season ticket. Bizarre I know. People can't complain about high ticket prices and also complain about a significantly cheaper option.

It's also an experiment, as I said earlier in the thread. And they were always going to issue a limited number, regardless of whether everyone renewed or not.Times have changed. Games are played on most days of the week, at all sorts of times. Our working patterns have changed. People have moved further away and struggle to make games played at awkward times.

To take account of that there will probably be more experiments. I'd offer a ticket bundle that allowed you to attend 1 Category A game, 2 Category B games and 3 Category C games. I'd also mirror Arsenal's pricing, where you pay £75 for a Category A game but half that for Category B games and around £25/30 for Category C games.

We said to them quite strongly that, with digital tickets, they also have to make the process of transferring them as easy as giving someone your season card. In fact it should be easier, as you don't have to hand over your card and get it back.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

The issue I have is that I think the club have been very underhand in this as at no point have they said that Silver would be the only option for new members this summer. When it was announced it was seen as an option for people who for various reasons couldn't commit to a full SC. The reality is that new members that wanted the opportunity to buy a full SC have found out by Chinese Whispers that no Gold or Platinum options were offered for sale. To try to dress this up as the club offering cheaper tickets is disingenuous to say the least in my view.

And what does that tell you about matchday pricing?

I see that Premier League teams have recently unanimously agreed to extend the £30 max. on away tickets for another three years.

Maybe if £30 is enough in the away end, it should be in the rest of the ground?

But we all know for a variety of reasons that will never happen.

The sly comments from a few that due to todays demand then every single ticket will get snapped up. When a lot of the empties are season ticket holders who no show… them tickets now won’t get snapped up as city and football in general is a rip off. So someone would take this ticket as the 14 might be the cost of about 6 of them on general sale. There won’t be many unless they financially can who will pay full whack for them shit games. Again. I’m sure you’re another full season ticket holder telling people who got silver and even the ones who missed out that it’s alright. Can’t wait until everyone is thrown onto a silver
I've never once said silver is right I think it's crap and if you track my posts you won't find me supporting it I'm simply saying that given the number of people who have missed out who are apparently desperate to attend games then we should see sold out signs every game but as we both know what people say online compared to real world don't always correllate

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

The issue I have is that I think the club have been very underhand in this as at no point have they said that Silver would be the only option for new members this summer. When it was announced it was seen as an option for people who for various reasons couldn't commit to a full SC. The reality is that new members that wanted the opportunity to buy a full SC have found out by Chinese Whispers that no Gold or Platinum options were offered for sale. To try to dress this up as the club offering cheaper tickets is disingenuous to say the least in my view.
Let's make this clear as people still don't seem to get it. They announced Silver BEFORE the renewal process started. They didn't have a clue at that point how many would or wouldn't renew, particularly those who'd deferred. They said there would be a limited number, as an experiment. We don't know the number but I'd guess it's around 1,000 at the very most and people, either new or existing season ticket holders, bought all of them. It's an effort to fill the stadium, in order to make the atmosphere better. If people who buy these tickets then don't use them, the experiment will probably be discontinued, and we'll try something else. We've been looking at various ways to encourage the use of Ticket Exchange, which there will be some changes to next season, and we'll continue to do that.

We have far more season ticket holders than Liverpool, in a similar sized stadium, which means more fans can have a cheaper option than paying matchday prices. We offer cheap tickets at the back of SS3. We offer Value Gold tickets. While I'm not thrilled about aspects of our matchday pricing, you can get a PL ticket for £30 occasionally. We have category pricing, where Cat C games are over 30% cheaper than Cat A games, whereas at Anfield or OT, you'd pay the same price to watch us, as you would to watch Bournemouth on a Wednesday night. We also offer cheap cup tickets.

As a result our matchday income is significantly lower than Liverpool's. About £30m lower off the top of my head. That's equivalent to buying a Haaland. The club could simply say that they won't offer any new seasoncards, regardless of the number who don't renew, until we get down to the same 25k as Liverpool. Then people would have something to moan about.

Last edited:
£75 PB? You can count me out at that price, no doubt a tourist will happily take my place.
I've just checked and the rough equivalent of my seat in 109/110 at the Emirates is £64 for Cat A, £36.50 for Cat B and £26 for Cat C.

The Cat A price at Arsenal is therefore about the same but the other 2 are far lower than ours, which are around £52/£43.

I've never once said silver is right I think it's crap and if you track my posts you won't find me supporting it I'm simply saying that given the number of people who have missed out who are apparently desperate to attend games then we should see sold out signs every game but as we both know what people say online compared to real world don't always correllate

I walk past the ticket office before every game and there are virtually always “sold out” signs up.

I’ve read all the theories on here and I don’t think any of them fully explain it, as many games quite clearly aren’t sold out.

Doubt I’ll ever understand it.

I walk past the ticket office before every game and there are virtually always “sold out” signs up.

I’ve read all the theories on here and I don’t think any of them fully explain it, as many games quite clearly aren’t sold out.

Doubt I’ll ever understand it.
Danny Wilson has shared the figures with us at City Matters and each game is generally sold out. There'll be a handful, against a team like Watford on a Wednesday night in February, that don't but all weekend games, and many midweek ones, do sell out.

In a stadium that holds 53k, there will be 3k away fans for a start. Then we have nearly 40k seasoncards, plus 3k (at a guess) in hospitality. That doesn't leave many matchday tickets to sell.

The problem is, and obviously the club can track numbers accurately, is that people don't turn up (and you'd be amazed how many that is sometimes) and the majority of those don't list their tickets or otherwise make them available. If you have a foolproof method of changing that, or even any good ideas, let me know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.