Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

If that’s the real reason then fair enough, and the club’s hands are obviously largely tied.

I have heard that reason before but didn’t know if it was true, suppose my head can’t get round the fact of somebody paying £500+ on a ST and not turning up to use it.

I make sure to get every penny worth out of mine :)
I am in 106 in the East Stand and I am constantly amazed how many empty seats there are near me almost every game. I assume the tickets have been sold so its people simply not turning up for whatever reason. I missed one home game last season, including the cup games, but I made sure my mate used the ticket.

It’s relatively simple, if you can’t make it get it in the exchange if you haven’t already given it someone yourself? Still your own ticket to do what you want with but surely you’d rather the seat be taken than empty with people wanting it. The problem is if it’s a midweek night game against Norwich nobody probably would want it.

Who is this mythical person who knows he will be able to go to every game , every week , 9 months in advance ?
Bill has just said that his daughter has been there throughout the bad times but has to work matchdays sometimes. He doesn’t elaborate wether the seat gets used when she’s not there, nor should he have to .
It’s not a perfect system but I’d imagine there isn’t one . There are games I couldn’t give my ticket away never mind selling it .

I think a pretty perfect system is saying you are allowed to miss 2 or 3 games per season. You either have to attend the rest or list your ticket on the exchange (if it doesn’t sell, it’s been listed so doesn’t class as one of your missed games).

That’s fair isn’t it?

Bill has come onto a thread where people are obviously upset at missing out, to boast about how his daughter only goes to half the games and that he doesn’t list it on the exchange. It’s weird behaviour.

Maybe things have changed since, but if you could sell your ticket with the push of a button and if the ticket went straight back into City's main ticketing system, then I think you'd get far fewer empties.
That's exactly how the ticket exchange works at present albeit they are only listed when the game is sold out or the last weeks of sale.

Who is this mythical person who knows he will be able to go to every game , every week , 9 months in advance ?
Bill has just said that his daughter has been there throughout the bad times but has to work matchdays sometimes. He doesn’t elaborate wether the seat gets used when she’s not there, nor should he have to .
It’s not a perfect system but I’d imagine there isn’t one . There are games I couldn’t give my ticket away never mind selling it .
correct.
i just can't work the tech stuff. season cards were straight forward .
p.s she has 24,000 points from those " few games ".

Careful, the seat police from Bluemoon will be checking if your seat is every empty and keeping a dossier so that they can report you!
It’s not being ‘seat police’. It’s just calling people out for being selfish/lazy.

If you can’t go fine - but list the ticket on the exchange.

i go to most but the 12 30 kick offs are mostly impossible for me as both grandsons play themselves,i do list them but they only seem to sell for the big games.the short notice tv changes are a real ballache tryi ng to juggle work and life

I get a sense of bewilderment reading parts if this thread. It was always going to be tough to get a new season ticket for 2022-23. City have won four out of five titles and have just signed the best young player in the world.

City have lost a fair number of seats with the revised arrangements and hoardings. Large numbers of those who deferred their season ticket appear to have come back.

Yet we get a load of entitled self-entitled moaning from those who missed out blaming everyone at the club.

The only way to be able to issue more season tickets is to expand the stadium, starting with a third tier to the North Stand. Until that happens people will continue to miss out on season tickets.

Even on that there is no consensus. Some seem to want to demolish the whole North Stand to replace it with a large single tier. Imagine the howls of disapproval from those forced out for a season? Some don’t think that expansion is needed because ‘there are loads of empty seats at every match’. Others seem to think that anyone from outside of Manchester should not be there?

I managed to get a season ticket after long gap since my last one lapsed. I did this because the team had a bad season losing the title to United and beaten by Wigan in the Cup Final and Mancini was sent packing. I got a second season ticket for my wife when the South Stand was expanded. That required paying a deposit well in advance.

Maybe there could be a more systematic approach to queuing for season tickets? But ultimately the same number will miss out.
It's inevitable that some of us will stress the effect that pricing and ticketing policies will have on Mancunians, but I would hate for a fellow Blue to think that is intended to imply Blues outside of Manchester 'should not be there' when people like myself talk about the club's responsibility to be inclusive to the people of the area that the club belongs to.

I am proud to be part of a global family of fans, but I am also proud to follow the club founded for all the citizens of the world's first industrial city, and would be saddened to see that evolve into the club founded for an exclusive number who can afford to spend a second mortgage on tickets without ever questioning where things are going.

As for the moaning, yes we are having a moan. We are all Blues and some of us thought this year would be our year ST wise, so we're venting with others who know how we feel when it doesn't work out while being happy for those for whom it did work out. We all know that STs don't fall from trees and that you win some you lose some, this is just natural disappointment with the outcome and some of the harsher aspects of the process.

It’s not being ‘seat police’. It’s just calling people out for being selfish/lazy.

If you can’t go fine - but list the ticket on the exchange.

I've tried using it with limited success. I couldn't make 2 games last season, put my ticket up for both games, one game sold the other didn't. The less appealing games don't sell despite all the people on here claiming they can't get tickets for games.

If non ST holders buy Cityzens memberships and buy the tickets they want in the priority window they will get tickets for pretty much any home PL game they want. I did this for my kids last season with no problems at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.