Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

Personally I think it’s fair that the silvers were offered to existing holders, and I don’t mind that they excluded the ‘big’ games since for many seats that was baked into a liveable price.

The disappointment for me lies in. the fact that so few were made available to non SCs and that families didn’t really get a look in. If the club had offered them alongside the usual options, and managed expectations with a bit more transparency about just how limited the offer was and how arbitrary the buying process was going to be, it might have prevented some of the anguish.

At the same time, us fans who have decided it’s time to get or go back to an SC for ourselves or our loved ones will have to be patient. We know that and it’s only right. It’s just easier said than done when ticket prices, along with everything else, are only going one way!
I absolutely agree about families. We should be offering family tickets at substantial discounts compared to normal prices. The only problem is finding groups of 3/4/5 seats available. When the North Stand extension is finally built I'd like to see a section of seats set aside for this.

I don’t know if this has been asked before, if so I apologise.

i think I read somewhere that we have about 40,000 season ticket holders. I believe we allow about 3,000 away fans every game. So that means we offer about 11,000 tickets for sale to each game. My first thought is that’s a lot of tickets. My question is do these tickets sell out (obviously they do for the big games) and if not, does that explain why there often appears to be so many empty seats ?

I don’t know if this has been asked before, if so I apologise.

i think I read somewhere that we have about 40,000 season ticket holders. I believe we allow about 3,000 away fans every game. So that means we offer about 11,000 tickets for sale to each game. My first thought is that’s a lot of tickets. My question is do these tickets sell out (obviously they do for the big games) and if not, does that explain why there often appears to be so many empty seats ?
There's hospitality as well, which is maybe another 3k plus. There's about 7/8k tickets available for matchday sales. These almost always sell out.

The empty seats are mostly season card holders that don't turn up.

One thing I will say is that signing big star players like Haaland will lead to more people wanting to buy tickets. We usually buy players who, while excellent players, aren’t always of the highest profile. Haaland is creating a buzz and excitement of the likes we haven’t seen since the Tevez signing.

Surely no shows are a symptom not a cause? Of course there are people who buy STs because they are desperate to reserve a seat for the big games and like the continuity, but let’s be honest, if matches were priced more reasonably far fewer people would buy STs.

It’s families who are getting stiffed the most. We can make all kinds of justifications for adult ticket prices considering the modern game, the quality of our football etc. But charging 7-year-olds thirty odd quid to get in for a Cat C fixture is much harder to defend.

I know there’s an argument that the match day family audience is small. But surely that’s an argument for growing it? You’re not going to grow it with only 500 silvers while calling £35 a kids price as we go into a recession but it’s OK because an overseas tourist will take that seat. Really? For Brentford? Regularly for the next 50 years through thick and thin?
This is where I'm at. I have 2 kids that want to attend matches. We're not really bothered which games we attend but can't afford to attend all games. At match-day prices we're probably looking at 5 games. Maybe more if we can pick up cheap cup tickets or last minute fan-to-fan no shows.

I take your point but you've got a season ticket and will presumably have one until you decide otherwise. The club is a commercial business and will make decisions in what it sees as its best interests. At City Matters we have to look at things from all sides. We talked through Silver cards very thoroughly with the club and among ourselves and felt that it was something worth trying.

One of the great things about doing City Matters is that you do get to hear all sides of the argument, and that it's not just black and white. But actions have consequences and there will rarely be a situation that benefits all without any negative impact.

I'm planning on standing down this summer so there will be at least one seat available. I'd encourage people like you, who appear to have a considered view on things, to put themselves forward so that you can see the full picture.
Again thanks for your responses. None of my comments were aimed at you but at the club.

I certainly won’t be putting myself forward for a seat at the CM table though :)

My point about not getting one is if everybody thinks they are a great idea, why did current season ticket holders not downgrade? I am extremely confident very few, if any would have done so. They won’t really know the demand for silver tickets when it’s al that’s offered and not a choice. So if there is 1k silver offered yesterday, they could have gone on as good or silver and see what the uptake is. The seats and tickets are there otherwise silver isn’t an option either.

Why not reach out to cityzen members as it’s them on the make believe “waiting list” and see what demand there is for silver, do a survey that if gold and silver was on offer and they was eligible, what would they go for. Asking existing season ticket holders with no intension of downgrading to silver is just mad to me. Silver was offered on renewal wasnt it, see how many wanted it at that point. Would be interesting as I say to see the figures but I’m sure we know the answer that very few, if any would have gone from full to silver.

If the numbers aren’t there to offer gold then surely they aren’t for silver. Instead they want to get more bums on seats for the shit games whilst knowing they’ll have no issues for the big games (making more money) silver was sold as a cheap option for families also, sporadic singles available would suggests otherwise. Large chunks of the overly sized family stand would have been better. They’ve taken £35 plus a season from “members” to be on a “waiting list” which was a scramble. The best comparison I seen yesterday was like queuing up at Maine road in the good old days, then thousands of people just cut in. It wouldn’t happen in person but virtually it’s ok.

I think all these points need feeding back to the club, that is of course if they even care and any experiments in future, be professional and research on the people you are experimenting on to begin with, not others who it doesn’t affect.
As much as I agree with you, your words are pearls on swine.

City's objective is to maximise income. Their devilish buy a membership for a chance to buy a ticket is textbook marketing and foolproof. It's similar in a way to Alton Towers, where they don't give a toss how many people come in to the park and then those who have paid and come in under the pretext of getting on some rides are ripped off with 3 hour queues. Pure and simple greed with absolutely no concerns for their customers. In effect they have sold everyone a dream that they could NEVER, or had fully no intention of servicing.

There's really no point in even discussing it with or asking anyone from City Matters to do anything as I suspect they just sit, listen and nod their heads like on of Putin's advisers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.