Season Tickets - 2024/25 | New Flexi Golds for Cityzens - Fri 10th May

I can’t see any mention of a maximum number of exchange tickets being allowed. So I assume you can do it as many times as you like now.

Just all seems a bit pointless having a 14 game attendance policy to me, if sticking it on the exchange counts as attending.
I think it’s designed to stop season ticket holders from simply leaving the seat empty for games they can’t/don’t want to attend. Most clubs have it nowadays, United have just increased it to 17.

I think it’s designed to stop season ticket holders from simply leaving the seat empty for games they can’t/don’t want to attend. Most clubs have it nowadays, United have just increased it to 17.

Yeah, suppose there’s that. Although if it’s an odd seat in an unpopular spot, it would probably only sell for the big games anyway. And still count towards your 14 for the others.

I just can’t understand the whinging and whining on here about SC prices. It has been like this for years. For more years than I can remember I was unable to afford SC/Ticket so just had to get a Matchday card and get to games as or when I could afford them. Just do the same and stop whining. We all have to make sacrifices in this day and age. If you can’t afford it don’t go. I used to save up to get there and was restricted to about once a month. Yes I missed going but didn’t bellyache like some on here. Will you be going to the Co-Op live every week when it opens? Will you be complaining about their ticket pricing? Can’t afford it? Then don’t go. Same as everything else in life.

I just can’t understand the whinging and whining on here about SC prices. It has been like this for years. For more years than I can remember I was unable to afford SC/Ticket so just had to get a Matchday card and get to games as or when I could afford them. Just do the same and stop whining. We all have to make sacrifices in this day and age. If you can’t afford it don’t go. I used to save up to get there and was restricted to about once a month. Yes I missed going but didn’t bellyache like some on here. Will you be going to the Co-Op live every week when it opens? Will you be complaining about their ticket pricing? Can’t afford it? Then don’t go. Same as everything else in life.
Same as me, I had to give up my season ticket and going at all for a few years in the 90s.Now I just go when I can.

Can I ask you if you have young kids, you know the next generation of “customers “ if locals can’t afford their tickets and subsequently their kids then who supports us? Do you think there will be 30/40k tourists each game? If that same person wants to go see a game they be looking at possible £150-200 for the day, not exactly cheap is it. All City have to do is put a few million aside from a sponsorship deal and all this would be a moot point. It cost my mate £120 for a full kit for his son’s birthday that’s his last one, next one will be a DHGate special.

Reactions: PPT
I gave up with the club (not the team) after the Real Madrid ticket farce last season, but I don’t think the club are to blame here. Because of ffp clubs are being forced to rise prices and rip off fans so that they generate income. Just another aspect of ffp that no one seems to understand or want to talk about.
Agree 100%

Wow a voice of reason !!!

Heavily disagree with the business case here. It's not as simple as rises = more revenue.

There's 3 major points in play.

1. Maybe an extra few percentage points will not affect the attendances of "ageing fans" who are most likely financially settled later in life. It does however effect the attendances of younger fans, who are the next generation of fans and it prices them out of the market during a cost of living crisis. That is trading the future of the club for the present and is irresponsible in terms of long term growth. There's hundreds of famous companies who have fallen into the "revenue at all costs" trap and ended up selling themselves out of existence, Time Warner/AOL probably most famously.

2. The reason that every advertiser, marketeer and media creator wishes to attract the 18-35 demographic is because brand loyalty created at this age of lasts a lifetime, and ensures that as their finances grow then you can take advantage of this in terms of commercial revenue. Sponsors are interested in creating that loyalty and positive image because an 18 year old might not be flying on Etihad flights now, but there's a good chance that they will in several years time as they've moved onwards financially. It's the reason why banks fall over themselves to give accounts to students.

3. One of the major attractions of a live football match is being part of an atmosphere and making the stadium a "destination". Ageing fans tend not to be the people who create the raucous atmosphere, that's the people that we're pricing out. The club wish to have this great atmosphere that they can help market themselves globally based upon, look at their socials for a few days after a good atmosphere, they cannot stop showing clips. Because it generates a buzz, an excitement, an attraction for people to "live their dream" and visit the Etihad and be part of that. Having a crowd of 40+ year olds sat on their hands is not appealing to the TikTok generation who we are competing against with Bayern, Real, Barca, Liverpool, United, etc for future revenue

It's a short sighted, bad faith and ultimately self defeating move that is going to sour relationships between the club and its most important fans. There's a reason all channels added fake crowd noise during Covid, that noise has a financial value.

The only possible financial reasoning I can think of is that they want to raise the prices of the hospitality, which is where they actually make a lot of money, but feel like they have to have an overall price ladder which keeps hospitality attractive.

Apple does this more than anyone. If you want to buy an iPad the there’s an iPad you can buy at basically £50 increments from £450 to £2500.

It pushes people into buying the absolute best one they can afford, whereas if there were huge gaps, a lot of people who fall in the middle will just go with the cheaper option.

If they make the gap between hospitality seats and the best non-hospitality seats too big, they’ll kill their hospitality sales. And then they have to raise the price of all the seats down the ladder or they’ll create one of those gaps where everyone chooses the cheaper tier.

I’m not agreeing with it! I’m not even saying it necessarily works, I just can’t really think of any other reason.

I used to think they sat down in 2012 or something and thought ticket revenue is X, top clubs get Y, we can’t make that increase in 1/2 years so we’ll bridge it in 20 years. Mooney’s thread has made me doubt that though because even the total increase from 2014 to 2024 is something like an extra £5m/ year revenue? It’s completely insignificant.

Can I ask you if you have young kids, you know the next generation of “customers “ if locals can’t afford their tickets and subsequently their kids then who supports us? Do you think there will be 30/40k tourists each game? If that same person wants to go see a game they be looking at possible £150-200 for the day, not exactly cheap is it. All City have to do is put a few million aside from a sponsorship deal and all this would be a moot point. It cost my mate £120 for a full kit for his son’s birthday that’s his last one, next one will be a DHGate special.
Probably about 74, on a half price season ticket which he uses for half the games he goes to on his own.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 42

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.