Season Tickets - 2024/25

I'm against the price rises. I'm pretty confident most of the reasons have already been set out here, so I won't repeat them. I also think that the £150 premium for Gold+ is completely wrong. I think it's unfair to pay a premium for the exact same product as someone else, and it could also be seen as getting as much as possible from those who are desperate for a season ticket; given that there are no "normal" tickets on the market. We did achieve a bit of movement on the premium. Like 1894 and the Foodbank, I've been happy to share these thoughts in the media too.

The club told City Matters about the price increases last Thursday and I and some of the other representatives made similar points to many here. I asked about the reasoning for the price increase and, in my view, I didn't receive a very convincing answer - the increase in operating costs were mentioned.

I appreciate that many will be questioning the point of City Matters in all of this and, trust me, I am well aware that the group has struggled to move the dial on the key strategic issues for supporters. However, under the Premier League's push regarding the Fan Engagement Standard, groups such as ours are here to stay, and I think it is important that there is someone at the table who can share fan sentiment with decision makers. For those of you who may have been priced out, I'm sorry that we couldn't make a bigger impact.
Do you know if the individual ticket prices payable with flexi-gold will be closer to the Season Ticket price per match or closer to the price paid by matchday members not in the flexi-gold scheme?
I think I know the answer tbh.

I think it's the opposite as they have said the price of the ticket will depend on the opposition
Yeah it’s a weird one, the examples do show the 1/19th ST price tho. Wouldnt be surprised if u have to pay a discounted individual match ticket however rather than 1/19th ST price

I say it every year the tickets for games could be free and it wouldn’t barely register with the club in the grand scheme of things, when you compare the overall ticket revenue income to other income the club receives. The German model shows what happens when you reduce tickets to an affordable level, and their games/atmospheres are rocking everywhere you go, whereas premier league grounds are increasingly populated with tourists and new fans. Anyway most of us will renew and put up with what seems an unnecessary increase.

Having said that …. I’ve ‘got’ to go watch Macclesfield v Morpeth on Saturday and that’s £17!! Non non non league.

Equally sky just put my prices up per month for sports by £3 which is roughly half what my son and mine SCs have gone up by combined. I’m not sure anyone can really argue that we don’t get a pretty good deal at city at least in this golden era

My SC just dropped 50% being old is just the gift that keeps giving on a serious point the OSC and city matters have been supine over price rises year after year time to bin both as they are just collaborators in profiteering
When I was involved in both I was seen/ accused of being difficult ect about price freezes would have saved most fans to date about £250 if they had challenged the club but conformity leads to corruption which runs runs deep and is hard to defenestrate you reap. what you sow

Last edited:
And the harsh reality of your post is,should you give your season ticket up the club will make double the amount of money by selling it on a match to match basis,plus potential merchandise sales.
Which is exactly what they want and unfortunately we are the sacrificial lambs.

Of course mate. Club don’t give a fuck. If I don’t renew, they are running their hands with joy.
Give up the away games mate

Have done to an extent. I pick and choose now.

Just can’t afford it. I’ve only done 8 this season. Now my Son is 8, my Nephew is 7. They are getting the bug. Going to as many as I can cause they want to. They have to start somewhere.

I'm against the price rises. I'm pretty confident most of the reasons have already been set out here, so I won't repeat them. I also think that the £150 premium for Gold+ is completely wrong. I think it's unfair to pay a premium for the exact same product as someone else, and it could also be seen as getting as much as possible from those who are desperate for a season ticket; given that there are no "normal" tickets on the market. We did achieve a bit of movement on the premium. Like 1894 and the Foodbank, I've been happy to share these thoughts in the media too.

The club told City Matters about the price increases last Thursday and I and some of the other representatives made similar points to many here. I asked about the reasoning for the price increase and, in my view, I didn't receive a very convincing answer - the increase in operating costs were mentioned.

I appreciate that many will be questioning the point of City Matters in all of this and, trust me, I am well aware that the group has struggled to move the dial on the key strategic issues for supporters. However, under the Premier League's push regarding the Fan Engagement Standard, groups such as ours are here to stay, and I think it is important that there is someone at the table who can share fan sentiment with decision makers. For those of you who may have been priced out, I'm sorry that we couldn't make a bigger impact.

I hope that not many think that way. Some people like to rant and rave but most sensible people understand that its very difficult for the group to really influence the club if they are determined to follow a certain path, but at least your representation at meetings highlights the thoughts of the fanbase, which otherwise the club is unlikely to be aware of.

It must feel like a thankless task on days like this but the work of you and your colleagues is appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.