Seasoncard - 2021/22

Now that's something I can agree with you on. But it's cock-up rather than conspiracy. Believe me, there's no strategic mastermind at the CFA with a cunning plan. That's one of my issues; Soriano has brought the idea of CFG to the table but when we're 85% of CFG, it makes no sense to neglect the club and the largest part of the fanbase.
To an extent I’m playing Devil’s advocate just to further the discussion and admittedly I know nothing at all about such matters but as a percentage of our turnover wouldn’t the outlay on creating a quality customer service dept be very very small ? If so why not do it - unless they have an ulterior motive ....

Now that's something I can agree with you on. But it's cock-up rather than conspiracy. Believe me, there's no strategic mastermind at the CFA with a cunning plan. That's one of my issues; Soriano has brought the idea of CFG to the table but when we're 85% of CFG, it makes no sense to neglect the club and the largest part of the fanbase.

The thousands of new season ticket holders needed to replace our largely ageing, working class demographic just aren't there and one of the things I've been badgering the club about is their strategy for replacing them. Because charging a family of 2 adults and 2 kids £170-£200 to watch a Category A or B game isn't much of a strategy, in my eyes.
You make the whole of the bottom tier of the North Stand cheap as possible to attract younger fans.

I'd go as far as calling it a youth section. Ages 16 to 25 only.

You could even go as low as 14 in the age group.

Plenty of space behind that stand for parents to pick up kids if needed after the game.

£10 to £20 a match ticket.

He’s obviously a very capable man to be in the job he is. Failing to anticipate a potential problem allied to failing to fix the neverending customer service shitshow that is our “supporter services” dept could be construed as the expert moves of a fine chess player rather than the fumblings of an over promoted idiot.
Or neither. Most likely.

You make the whole of the bottom tier of the North Stand cheap as possible to attract younger fans.

Plenty of space behind that stand for parents to pick up kids if needed after the game.

Well you could and it’s not a bad idea, but first you need somewhere for the fans already in those seats to go.

Well you could and it’s not a bad idea, but first you need somewhere for the fans already in those seats to go.
There will be plenty of space

Loads of youngsters would relocate

It would be the pricing

Not a perfect idea as loads to look through but for me Citys pricing is a bit off kilter

This is an excellent idea. We’re in grave danger of ostracising young supporters due to cost and lack of opportunities to attend away games and cup finals with the points system. I sit in 306 and at the age of 49 feel like one of the younger ones round there!!

Succession planning is what they call it in business and we don’t seem to be aware of it where supporters are concerned.

This is an excellent idea. We’re in grave danger of ostracising young supporters due to cost and lack of opportunities to attend away games and cup finals with the points system. I sit in 306 and at the age of 49 feel like one of the younger ones round there!!

Succession planning is what they call it in business and we don’t seem to be aware of it where supporters are concerned.
It could also be called social engineering if you start banning older fans from areas of the ground.

Almost all the North Stand is a family stand, they get Meet the Moonies and other benefits such as pull through on the points system.

What a complete amateur hour shitshow this has been. They've had 18 months to prepare and this is what they come up with?

I've held off on renewing so far, Ideally, I would like to defer but I have many questions regarding that before I did it. I can't really be on hold for hours on end and I strongly suspect when I do eventually speak to somebody they won't have a clue anyway (not their fault) I was hoping they'd realise what a calamity it's been and issue some kind of faq regarding deferral before the deadline but that's not happened and with time ticking it's now decision time. I'm basically going to be renewing when I don't really want to primarily because I can't trust City not to screw me over. Costing me money I don't really have but it also means one less available ticket in a limited capacity environment for somebody genuinely desperate to attend.

I've had a season ticket for 30 years, I've never passed on a ticket in my life nevermind sold one and when it comes to it I doubt I will do this but I can see myself and many many others being strongly tempted to use those tout websites for the bigger games this upcoming season as a means of recouping costs of a season ticket they'd rather have skipped which benefits nobody and its all down to the incompetence of citys ticket department.
Fits pretty much my position.

I actually reckon City have spectacularly failed to understand current feelings, and consequently had no idea how many would want to defer. As such, they are now dealing with a situation where we could have (assuming full attendance being allowed) approx 30k seats a week that they are trying to shift through general sales.

Plus, someone like me who wants to relocate and join with someone else’s 2 seats to make a 4, can’t actually do it due to the amount of deferrals.

Shitshow in the extreme.

The Club already started to address this with the 5% away tickets for younger fans (in addition to youngsters who obtain tickets through Supporters Clubs, family corporate tickets and some youths with high points). There was a lot of criticism from the points puritans but I thought it was a good move.

Fits pretty much my position.

I actually reckon City have spectacularly failed to understand current feelings, and consequently had no idea how many would want to defer. As such, they are now dealing with a situation where we could have (assuming full attendance being allowed) approx 30k seats a week that they are trying to shift through general sales.

Plus, someone like me who wants to relocate and join with someone else’s 2 seats to make a 4, can’t actually do it due to the amount of deferrals.

Shitshow in the extreme.
Part of the problem (if there are large numbers of people deferring) is people hogging seats who don't really enjoy going to the game. It would be better for these fans to give up their tickets so that more families can sit together in the ground and we would probably have more people who stay to the final whistle.

Customer services has become a nightmare due in no small part to senior managers promising a range of services that is beyond the capacity of our Supporter Services team. I thought we were getting a very good service up until recent months before mobile tickets, independents first ticket bookings and season card deferral complexities. The old adage keep it simple stupid (KISS) should apply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.