Seasoncard - 2021/22

I was on auto renewal and got the confirmation that it has been renewed. I went on to my account which said it has been deffered.
After calling on friday (on hold for an hour) i got told someone from supporter services will call me back.
Just called again today to be told my seat in 115 has been sold for some games and i cannot have it back this season but i can move block to 116 or 117. Why do they think i would be happy just to have a random seat allocated for the season away from my mates.
The women said she has very limited acsess to seating and someone from supporter services will call me to sort the situation out, im not holding my beath on that happening.

I was interested in this as I have a season ticket with my dad, who is getting on and can't make every game.

Previously if he wasn't going I could just ring up and upgrade the ticket from over 65 to full adult (it was briefly possible to do this online, but that didn't last long).

I contacted supporter services on Twitter and asked them the following:

Under the mobile ticket system, what happens if I want someone to use my ticket for a particular game and they are not a Citizen member?

Hi Ian, The person you are forwarding the ticket on to needs to meet the criteria in place for the actual game. For example, if you want to forward over Everton, Liverpool or Man Utd they need to be a Cityzen Matchday member and have attended three previous PL games. If it is for a game that is on general sale, and doesn't have a sales criteria attached, you can just add the person to your friends and family and you can forward it over. Hope this helps!

This is an automated response as when I emphasised the point about them not being a Matchday member, they just sent the same response.

It does seem that you can register and get a supporter number without paying for membership though using the process above.
Those ‘conditions’ seem to be something new. No mention of them in previous emails. I’ve a couple of people on my F&F list that have nothing other than a supporter number. They’ve no attendance history, points etc as they’ve just shared our tickets when going spare. People will just revert to print at home, if passing tickets on via mobile becomes a nightmare.

Just having second thoughts on this. With GPay I have read you can't have two mobiles with the same GPay account at the same time which makes sense, but transferring the account can also be done by recovering the account so re-downloading might not be needed. Whether repeated recoveries or downloads will trigger any checks I don't know. I think I would just create a new supporter account and Gmail address if necessary and link it via friends and family and then transfer the games when we know how to do that.

Thanks for your reply COL.

Just downloaded SC to spare old iPhone 7 with no SIM card at mo. (It’s in an even older phone).

SC is now in the wallet of both my iPhone 12 and iPhone 7. Both say same seat, ticket for Norwich, hold near scanner.
I would think it will work for whichever one is scanned first.
Hopefully it will work on either phone (once for each match of course).

I’ve set iPhone 7 to allow access to wallet when locked Via settings>Wallet & Apple Pay
Apple Cash toggle: OFF

Allow Access When Locked
Double Click Home Button: ON

(Note SC is only card in wallet)

As I’ve got a passcode on the phone hopefully I can give the old phone out to friends to use for access who don’t have a Cityzens card (so can’t go on friends and family) safe in the knowledge that they can’t access the phone but just need to double click the home button to open the wallet if the system doesn’t do it automatically (or if They want to look at it to check entrance or seat number).

Also, with no SIM card in and phone locked they have to connect to my wi-fi to load next game, which could both help or hinder.

When you scan the turnstile with your phone to get in does it work off the wifi? If so I will have a problem as I cant get it around the ground with my current Samsung J6

When you scan the turnstile with your phone to get in does it work off the wifi? If so I will have a problem as I cant get it around the ground with my current Samsung J6
No. It doesn't need WiFi or a mobile signal. It just transmits from your phone to the reader using Near Field Communication. Or doesn't.

Great news is that soon we shouldn't have to rely on remembering our phones, our phones working properly, being charged, the readers working, etc.

Apparently they can do this stuff on a credit card sized piece of plastic with a chip in it. Hopefully phonrs are just a stopgap & they'll be able to roll these cards out next season.

Thanks for your reply COL.

Just downloaded SC to spare old iPhone 7 with no SIM card at mo. (It’s in an even older phone).

SC is now in the wallet of both my iPhone 12 and iPhone 7. Both say same seat, ticket for Norwich, hold near scanner.
I would think it will work for whichever one is scanned first.
Hopefully it will work on either phone (once for each match of course).

I’ve set iPhone 7 to allow access to wallet when locked Via settings>Wallet & Apple Pay
Apple Cash toggle: OFF

Allow Access When Locked
Double Click Home Button: ON

(Note SC is only card in wallet)

As I’ve got a passcode on the phone hopefully I can give the old phone out to friends to use for access who don’t have a Cityzens card (so can’t go on friends and family) safe in the knowledge that they can’t access the phone but just need to double click the home button to open the wallet if the system doesn’t do it automatically (or if They want to look at it to check entrance or seat number).

Also, with no SIM card in and phone locked they have to connect to my wi-fi to load next game, which could both help or hinder.
I'm not convinced it will work because doing what you did opens up the path to ticket touting. What I would expect happens when you download each time is that it embeds a new code within the pass and that same code gets sent up to Google so that there's a match up when you reach the turnstile. The older downloads could have different codes so you won't get in. I may be wrong but I'd still advise just setting up a free supporter account and associated gmail and then pass your ticket (details not yet advised to us) onto that supporter via your second phone when you can't attend.

You don't need a Cityzen's card, just a supporter account which is free.

Apparently I needed to speak to Supporter Services, which were the options id chosen on the bastard phone before waiting for over an hour to speak to someone, she told me she couldnt do anything as my daughter already had an online account set up which was news to me as ive never set one up, I need to email Supporter Services as they arent taking phone calls at the minute to solve this issue.

I told her it was a shambles which she said she'll mention to her supervisor, said im happy to wait on the phone whilst she did so as id already been there over an hour, pretty sure she forgot to put me on hold and never actually moved from her desk as I could hear her tapping away. She returned 10 minutes later saying she'd spoken to 3 of her supervisors and they all said the same thing, email is the only way to sort my problem, not 100% sure my reply of 'you could do with getting them 3 lazy bastards to answer the phone' went down too well.

I was assured my email would be replied to before the Norwich game kicks off which is very fucking noble of them!!

Shambles
It is shambolic

The lad I talked to I explained my lad set up an account on Friday because I couldn’t download his ticket on mine

On his new account I couldn’t add supporter number

The lad from ticket office set up a new account for my lad and then I logged on my phone and I could then download his ticket to my wallet

Then tried on his iPhone and couldn’t

They must be getting shitloads of complaints

I know lads who have bought a new phone just to be able to download their ST

Apparently they can do this stuff on a credit card sized piece of plastic with a chip in it.

Shouldn't be a surprise, every new credit/debit card already has this.

It just transmits from your phone to the reader using Near Field Communication. Or doesn't.

NFC is relaible, there's not really any reason to doubt it working, given the UK has between 600m and 1Billion contactless transactions a month.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.