Seasoncard Amnesty

I’d imagine there would be some sort of registration you’d do in the app when you’re at the ground. Perhaps scan the ticket on your phone / enter the ticket number and your name and phone number and it ties them together.

If people don’t have phones they could have paper ones or something on match day.

You’d have to show the green pass / hello I’m registered when you go through security, Tthen the turnstiles as usual.

It will get rid of the lower income fans who share season cards, or any fans that share season cards.

If they hadn't already thought of a way to get around this which is a complete piece of piss. If one person in your stand has COVID-19 and City send me an email to self isolate I might read it in a weeks time or so. Will the entire stand be shut the next game if it is within 10 days?

Still it will mean some who are cautious about going back won't now.

No other establishment is asking for photo ID for track and trace I know of, and no licensing authority is asking for it.

It is a pity they don't consult with the fans at all on thing like this, but send surveys on trivial stuff.
Prestwich blue has posted that he’s come back from a consultation meeting

I think too many people are always looking into the conspiracy theories the solution here isn't ideal but the world we live in right now isn't ideal either but if this is what it takes to help things get back to normal then so be it.

All I would say in terms of the photo ID is there should be a system in place whereby you can change details on a game by game basis otherwise we end up alienating part of our fanbase who for various reasons may not attend every game and share cards.
If the amnesty comes in to allow name changes to cards used by people who have someone else's card that they've been using on a permanent basis then that should just leave those who split games with friends/family.

Surely it can't be too difficult to introduce a system where a supporter might login to a website say in the 7 days preceeding a game to update the system with details of who will be attending that particular upcoming game. Then on match day you have a seperate queue at each turnstile for those who have someone's else's card and have registered details, a bit like we have the seperate bag queue now, and the stewards with hand held scanners can scan the card this will then show the details of the person attending that game and they show there ID and there in. Can't be too difficult to sort surely?

On a seperate note though I am surprised by the lack of contact from the club to date I realise there's stuff going on behind the scenes but surely if they'd of emailed all seasoncard holders to ask what their intentions were as to whether they wanted to return or not it would make planning a lot easier as seems right now they are trying to plan whilst having no idea whether 10000 or 40000 people are interested in getting back into grounds ASAP.

So much whining, PB has already said that any measures are being put in place as the club needs to take action around ID for knowing exactly who’s in the ground - half the folk on here are then going full tin hat brigade and linking it to the Kennedy assassination and Bohemian Grove.

He’s already said the club are fully aware that people may want to transfer tickets, why not hang on to see what their solution is before melodramatically declaring you’re never going again and a whole generation of kids will never see a game?

And complaining about the imposition of carrying your passport or driving licence around. They’ll be wanting you to carry your wallet or car keys round next, maybe even wear shoes to the game too? Photo ID is a fact of life and it’s very much a minority that don’t have it, I have to show it to get into work, get on a plane, ive been to ticketless concerts where you need to show it and even to check into a hotel and collect a parcel.

So much whining, PB has already said that any measures are being put in place as the club needs to take action around ID for knowing exactly who’s in the ground - half the folk on here are then going full tin hat brigade and linking it to the Kennedy assassination and Bohemian Grove.

He’s already said the club are fully aware that people may want to transfer tickets, why not hang on to see what their solution is before melodramatically declaring you’re never going again and a whole generation of kids will never see a game?

And complaining about the imposition of carrying your passport or driving licence around. They’ll be wanting you to carry your wallet or car keys round next, maybe even wear shoes to the game too? Photo ID is a fact of life and it’s very much a minority that don’t have it, I have to show it to get into work, get on a plane, ive been to ticketless concerts where you need to show it and even to check into a hotel and collect a parcel.

well said sir

I’m asked for my passport at every hotel I check in to overseas. As I needed it to set foot in the country then it’s not unreasonable.

I'm not sure that there is an underlying motive by the club to permanently introduce photo ID in order to prevent multiple use of SCs. This would be counter-productive in my view as I don't think there are huge numbers of people waiting to buy one if they became available. Other than SCs priced at a very low level, as with the back of SS3, there is very soft demand for those priced at say £600 & above. I moved from ES3 into the mid price tier of SS3 as I was fed up with paying over £700 four years ago. This is why the North Stand hasn't been expanded.

Couple that existing soft demand with the after effects of Covid then the club really would be shooting themselves in the foot.

The requirement for photo ID sets off some alarm bells. It may well be the first step towards the controversial introduction of facial recognition technology at the stadium. I know the club and its ‘partners’ have looked into this area in the past but were dissuaded from taking it further from a legal/privacy standpoint

Be a lot of fans not going back to football till there is a vaccine plus the rules they are talking about now for fans to return mask no singing arriving at the ground 3 hours before kick of pubs shut around the ground who would still want to go with those rules?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.