Seasoncard Renewal - Yes or No?

If you have an existing season card or cards will you renew

• Definitely

Votes: 136 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 127 27.7%
  • No chance

Votes: 181 39.4%
  • Now that the ESL has been aborted I want to change from no chance to definitely, yes

Votes: 15 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this prolonged and unprecedented break has allowed fans to take stock and weigh up what it is they want out of City. For many of us long-standing season ticket-holders, renewing at the end of the season was a given. You didn't think about it, you just did it. Missing all the matches for more than a year will have made a lot of people think "I don't need to be there".

I see four things arising from the Covid era that may negatively impact attendances, and only one that may positively do likewise.

The positive impact is obvious - absence makes the heart grow fonder.

The negative impacts - post-pandemic finances, fear of being in crowds, getting out of the habit and historical grievances (VAR, diving, ESL, kick-off times, distance between club and fans, match day experience, etc.).

One of the things that has come into focus for me during this absence is that actually being at the game, particularly in winter, is often out of ritualistic tendency rather than enjoyment. Why else would I plough through Manchester traffic to watch a second string play Southampton in the League Cup on a wet Wednesday in November?

I've actually missed Maine Road recently. I think back to the days of the pubs in Moss Side, the pirate shops, the guy selling programmes from his car, "can I mind your car please, sir?", the sights, the sounds, the smells. It was all part of a great experience. Getting back in the car on a Saturday afternoon (it nearly always was Saturday) after a good win, sticking Radio 5 on for the classified check with the peerless James Alexander Gordon and then home to properly read the programme.

I feel like the Etihad is a bit soulless. We can really turn it on for the big occasions but 18 years on and it still isn't home. As mad as it sounds, I think adding the third tier to the South Stand took something away from the ground. It towers over the rest of the ground and it feels darker. That might only be my perception, but adding that tier has definitely made the ground feel more cavernous and less homely.
It was never the same after Maine Road. I really wish I could have enjoyed more time there (I was only 17 when we left), especially the pubs.

And in terms of taking stock during Covid, for me I've realised that I've missed being able to play football with my amateur team much more than I missed watching football when it wasn't on (with the caveat that I was always watching City on TV anyway, living where I do).

I met a couple of friends today for a beer, and all 3 of us are season card holders with over 100 years combined attendance between us. None of us are renewing. It's a combination of VAR and stupid kick off times, plus a general feeling the game at the top has lost it's soul.

City's loss will be Altrincham's gain. We will always be City fans, but we have fallen out of love with the Premier League and all it represents.

We are off to Moss Lane next season, the club I was raised with back in the 60's, and I'm looking forward to getting back to watching football as it should be.

I'll be saving over £1,500 as well which will be a bonus.
Actual 3pm kick offs mean you can have a nice lunch and a few beers in the market beforehand as well, which given the prices might mean that £1500 isn't as safe as you thought but it's not a bad Saturday day out.

Now the ESL has been binned yes I will renew.
Yes I know it was wrong as do the club now but what else can the club do?
Some say apology isnt good enough? Well what else can they do?
Forget reduced season ticket prices etc it isnt going to happen.
However would be pissed if there was an increase in prices considering the current climate,then would reconsider.
Big part of my life going to the match with my sons and meeting up with my brothers, cousins and friends look forward to it all week,cant be replicated by watching on TV.

Wandered onto this thinking that I would see about 80 per cent say they will definitely return and am amazed that is not the case. I can only presume most of you missed watching the drivel in the third tier.We now have the best manager in the world also some of the best players . I for one cannot wait to renew and see my team again

Wandered onto this thinking that I would see about 80 per cent say they will definitely return and am amazed that is not the case. I can only presume most of you missed watching the drivel in the third tier.We now have the best manager in the world also some of the best players . I for one cannot wait to renew and see my team again
To be fair hardly any people voted, I haven’t got one only voted to see the response.

I think it’s more a case of people like me who only just remembered to come back and recast the vote.

To get a true reflection now I think it requires a new thread and poll.

I think it's about more than just watching a great team for a number of people.

As the poster above has said. going to city is about a lot more then seeing a great manager and players.

Missed it too much, it’s a definite yes from me, despite the 380 mile round trip. Unless it goes off postcode again initially, in that case I would be out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.