Seasoncard Renewal - Yes or No?

If you have an existing season card or cards will you renew

• Definitely

Votes: 136 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 127 27.7%
  • No chance

Votes: 181 39.4%
  • Now that the ESL has been aborted I want to change from no chance to definitely, yes

Votes: 15 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted maybe and will decide when the full details are known.
I'm still hopeful UEFA will be able to scupper the ESL, but I'm not sure they have the brains or the time.
Most likely option is that I'll renew and see what happens over the course of the first season. I'm not going to perform a triple flounce with pike and somersault, but nor am I keen to support what appears to be a circus.
It was bad enough supporting a circus when we resembled Monty Ptython's.
Even if City do pull out, they've made their intentions clear, and all trust is lost. They don't deserve my loyalty.

Manchester City for me has been about going home, away (across 3 divisions) and Europe, when City earned the right to be there on the pitch the previous season! (and when my work and personal finances have allowed).

I know for many Manchester City is something they watch on TV, but that isn't me. For me, Manchester City is about where I am from. It defines a huge part of me. It is who I am. It is what I do, and have built up almost 26,000 loyalty points doing so, over the last 30 years.

I ignored the owners buying clubs and building infrastructure around the world, thinking it had nothing to do with me. How wrong I was. There was a master plan all along. They don't care about Manchester. Manchester City is long dead. This is CFG. The next step will be 'home' games at all the CFG sites around world, because in their eyes it's only right that 'fans' in America, Indian, China etc also get to watch 'their team'.

This is what our owners want, as much as all the others... and always have done, no matter how they dress it up.

I guess I'm just a 'legacy fan'... I'm out... Even if they back down and this whole Superleague rubbish falls apart.

Last edited:
Unless they pull out of this super league my last game will be in May to wave Sergio off, then that's it.

Nothing to stop them taking the whole circus on the road, playing games abroad. Like the World Cup, it'll be sold to the highest bidder. It'll start with one or two games, most likely the knockout stages, then will end up something like 3 months in the USA, 3 in China and 3 somewhere else.

The NFL franchise owners who've set this up have no respect for geography or history.
truely frightening.

like others have said,i can't walk away from City nor my lad

but if they do try to include this super greed league into our season tickets i will be off.

Nothing to stop them taking the whole circus on the road, playing games abroad. Like the World Cup, it'll be sold to the highest bidder. It'll start with one or two games, most likely the knockout stages, then will end up something like 3 months in the USA, 3 in China and 3 somewhere else.

The NFL franchise owners who've set this up have no respect for geography or history.
Having lived for 10 years in the US I think this is an important point, In the US the whole way sports teams are considered is totally different, for anyone that question why the LA Lakers are called such when there are pretty much no lakes in the Los Angeles its because they moved there as an expanding market. I honestly feel that behind this ESL there is a very real danger of losing our clubs to the highest bidder and frankly the timing is worrying for all the talk that "football is nothing without the fans" the league has proved over the last year that it can run without any and frankly when it comes to selling rights it might actually make more sense from a business point of view to not tie yourself down. In is also with noting that United shares went up by a significant margin yesterday, so while we might not like this, there are people that do and they are willing to invest in this vision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.