Seat Counters - 2023/24

Serious question and not taking the piss or wanting to start an argument but should the branch and whoever is responsible for tickets be named and shamed along with other branches or is the club happy for the system to be abused?
It’s not a system being abused, they are only doing what they are allowed to do. They ask for requests, get the total numbers and they are submitted alongside the supporter numbers. The fact that the club don’t give a shit who they are as long as a member is where the system is royally fucked.

Cheers, Rammy. If that is the case, then surely the proportion of tickets given to SCs should be significantly reduced. It cannot be right that someone who has been a supporter for a short period and does not attend the Etihad regularly (but is in a SC) can get a Cup final ticket, while those non -SC members who have been going to the Etihad for many years are denied one.
Exactly. I’ve said numerous times in this thread this week that it’s an absolute disgrace, supporters clubs have requested loads more tickets than they did last year, as people have cottoned on, and they received their full allocations. It’s madness, and I have no understanding how it can be justified.

Thanks for that info about members of Supporters Clubs, Tim, it makes sense that most in a SC will be ST holders too. But what still grates with me - on more than 10,000 points but not on Cup scheme (and waiting nervously for 1.00pm today!) - are stories on here that you can be a member of a SC and then be eligible to receive tickets for big games, even with very limited points or no seasoncard. I would be reassured if you could confirm that this is largely an "urban myth".
I understand your frustration. I’ve been in that boat before. I can’t say if it’s a myth or not given it’s largely up to each Branch to set its rules on ticket allocations. The main purpose of the OSC and our Branches is to expand our fan base. That doesn’t work if you only give people on 25k points a chance of a ticket.

The OSC tickets are not part of the points allocation. When it’s a high demand away game I try to reward peole who’ve made the biggest contribution to the Branch. We also have a six month minimum membership requirement For all but very low demand games. We deter piss takers so or example for Instanbul, we only requested 20 tickets out of a Branch of 250 Blues. About a third of membership have got tickets for the Cup Final through the OSC.

I tend to to accept that people who really want to see games will do their best to get tickets. I think I counted 10 ways to try to do that outside the points system including 18-25 allocation, staff tickets, social media forums, Ticket WhattsApp, pull through tickets, corporate allocations etc.

The Supporters Club allocation will have to be stretched further as more members join that should makes it tougher to get tickets. Time will tell. As I’ve posted on this Forum many times, I don’t understand why more Blues don’t join their local OSC Branch.

Are the £225 / £250 tickets a poor man's corporate where you get padded seats, programme, access to a better bar etc or is it just a standard seat with a supposedly better view?

Last edited:
It’s not a system being abused, they are only doing what they are allowed to do. They ask for requests, get the total numbers and they are submitted alongside the supporter numbers. The fact that the club don’t give a shit who they are as long as a member is where the system is royally fucked.
I'm not a member of an SC but I'm not 100% against a "handful" of tickets going this way if the member is fully participant in the SC and not just joining for access to tickets. We have probably all played the system a little and if we just went via points then the club would be closing off these marquee games to new fans for years. I'm not on high points myself, but am lucky enough to be able to afford to join all the cup schemes, otherwise I'd have little chance. I borrowed a mate's ST to get a 3rd ticket for Istanbul as my son is on the "waiting list" to re-join after uni, but it's still playing the system.

I was speaking to someone who helped run an SC when I went to see the trophies visit their branch, and they were complaining that most of their members were doing just that, joining never to be seen again until cup finals. I hope it's not the same one as yours.

Are the £225 / £250 tickets a poor mans corporate where you get padded seats, programme, access to a better bar etc or is it just a standard seat with a supposedly better view?
Been in Level 2 a couple of times for Johnson’s Paints Trophy finals, from memory it’s just a decent view and seating areas in the bar

Are the £225 / £250 tickets a poor mans corporate where you get padded seats, programme, access to a better bar etc or is it just a standard seat with a supposedly better view?
You don't get a programme but you do get access to better bars. I've never been in them but my boss - a United fan - was for their semi-final the other week and he said the food and drink facilities are fantastic compared to the general areas and a piece of piss getting served with seating in the bar areas too.

I genuinely forgot to join the cup scheme, working nights does shit like that to you, my lad isn't happy with me lol, probably thinks I'm a twat for forgetting.
You must have forgotten to join the cup scheme last season too though, cos it’s on auto renewal unless you opt out.

You don't get a programme but you do get access to better bars. I've never been in them but my boss - a United fan - was for their semi-final the other week and he said the food and drink facilities are fantastic compared to the general areas and a piece of piss getting served with seating in the bar areas too.
I went in for the arsenal cup semi final and we could have as many free programmes as we wanted though only took the one for a mate who collects them. The facilities were very good but no way are they worth the money.

Are the £225 / £250 tickets a poor man's corporate where you get padded seats, programme, access to a better bar etc or is it just a standard seat with a supposedly better view?
I was on level 2 for the semi final and it was a better view / seat. Shorter queues for the bars but no free programme

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.