Sebastián Coates

He hasn't turned us down because we haven't made a bid. Nacional want us too badly knowing we'd outbid the rest but we haven't. He is using the faux rejection of us to endear himself to Liverpool fans, just like players do when they join every club.

If we'd made a concrete bid when we trailed him (which, btw, we did before Liverpool) he'd have joined our club.

LoveCity said:
He hasn't turned us down because we haven't made a bid. Nacional want us too badly knowing we'd outbid the rest but we haven't. He is using the faux rejection of us to endear himself to Liverpool fans, just like players do when they join every club.

If we'd made a concrete bid when we trailed him (which, btw, we did before Liverpool) he'd have joined our club.

Suarez-factor was clearly massive in this. They're mates and from the same club. Reckon he'd have picked Liverpool regardless of City's bid for that reason alone.

Not everyone wants to sign for City above all else believe it or not.

City still don't have anywhere near the global recognition that the other top teams have as well. Which is especially important to players coming from far away areas.

Also, what's the harm in the player's mind of going to Liverpool and seeing if it works out for a couple of years? If it doesn't and he impresses, he can move on.

Yes im sure he would have turned us down to go to the mighty liverpool and play with suarez cos all our players came from just round the corner didnt they like those 3 argentinians 2 ivorians they grew up within a stones throw of the ground. If its a straight choice between liverpool and city no current player chooses liverpool because their team isnt that good or their prospects i know liverpool fans dont wanna hear it but its just fact.

mancboy123 said:
Yes im sure he would have turned us down to go to the mighty liverpool and play with suarez cos all our players came from just round the corner didnt they like those 3 argentinians 2 ivorians they grew up within a stones throw of the ground. If its a straight choice between liverpool and city no current player chooses liverpool because their team isnt that good or their prospects i know liverpool fans dont wanna hear it but its just fact.

You make us look like fools when you write that. Liverpool had a bad start to last year. But they are a good team. It wasn't a fluke they killed us at the end of last season. We're a better team, and have CL this year. But they have a much bigger global support base, and now have the financing to compete in the transfer market. Liveropool will be challenging at the top of the league this year.

AustinBlue said:
mancboy123 said:

You make us look like fools when you write that. Liverpool had a bad start to last year. But they are a good team. It wasn't a fluke they killed us at the end of last season. We're a better team, and have CL this year. But they have a much bigger global support base, and now have the financing to compete in the transfer market. Liveropool will be challenging at the top of the league this year.

no Silva, no De Jong, no Tevez, biggest game in many many years a few days later.

Liverpool have been saying it's their year for over 20 years now.

They'll do well to finish 4th.

Lift for the big games, but just can't be arsed against the Stokes and Birminghams and Blackpools of the world.

The news report contradicted itself anyway - it started by saying he'd reject us (makes a change from 'snub' I guess!) but then went on to say he'd look at offers but had a preference for Liverpool.

Know nothing about him - just seen him on TV but think it would be difficult to bring him into the side over the next few years given we have Savic and Boyata - waiting in the wings.

Good luck to him - I hope he likes the house Liverpool have lined up for him in Hyton.

AustinBlue said:
mancboy123 said:

I disagree,they haven't got clout needed, the deals they have done in this window are on the drip and they funded the deals for Suarez and Carroll from the Torres. Kuyt could well be sold and there isn't one of their signings in this window that any of the top teams in europe have been interested in. The very lucky win against 10 men Arsenal with the freakish first and offside second isn't some confirmation that they are back.

VOOMER said:
AustinBlue said:
mancboy123 said:

No they haven't got clout, the deals they have done in this window are on the drip and they funded the deals for Suarez and Carroll deals from the Torres. Kuyt could well be sold and there isn't one of their signings in this window that any of the top teams in europe have been interested in. The very lucky win against 10 men Arsenal with the freakish first and offside second isn't some confirmation that they are back.

I think their owners are still in the honeymoon period - this year they will realise just how much it costs to run a Premier League club - and Liverpool have declining revenues. Liverpool were losing money hand over fist with the previous owners - and I can't see too much that has happened to change this - they have some better commercial deals in place but they have lost their Chumps League place and all their other commercial deals - shirt deal etc. must take a hit from no Champions league exposure. They also have a huge decision to take re a stadium - if they push on they will need to take on debts of circa £400m to finance it and we saw what this sort of debt did to their last regime. If they don't build a new stadium they will contiue to struggle to generate sufficient revenue at an antiquated Anfield - so its a bit of a catch 22 for them. My guess is they will defer the new stadium - on cost grounds - and look at rebuilding Anfield - but i'm not sure how much room for manouvre they have in a very confined site. Liverpool see the takeover as a new dawn but I'm not sure it is - new faces a bit more money etc. but they have some huge strategic issues and they have got a little left behind in recent years and I'm not sure their new owners will throw the kind of money at Liverpool longer term that many of their fans expect. US sport franchises tend to make money - other wise they get sold, relocated and closed, inthe medium term the Fenway guys will want to break even at Liverpool and longer term they will want to make a profit... only time will tell if they are prepared to throw the kind of money at Liverpool that are required if they are going to compete with us, the Rags and Chelsea - personally I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.