Security in the stadium

I have always wondered about these wands. I have a hand held metal detecting probe that I use in my metal detecting hobby (I know, I know). Anyway, the probe is set at "All Metal", which as it suggests, picks up all types of metal and if I searched you with it I would pick up every bit of metal on you including zips, earrings etc.

Maybe their machines are set to detect a specific type of metal that is contained in certain weapons/explosives etc? It is possible to target specific metals with conventional metal detectors.

Just a guess as I have no idea what these things are supposed to do, they appear not to work to me.
If you are searching for explosives, nature, i.e a dogs nose beats anything that technology has to offer in a compact form. Detecting a specific metal with a metal detector would be exceptionally difficult, so as others have said it's just to pick up anything significant. If it picks up a set of keys, as it did with me the other day, it would pick up a firearm. That said the staff need to use learn how to use them properly as it's hit and miss depending on who seems to be using them.

In all the time they've been using the metal detectors, I've set them off once.
Every home game I have car keys, wallet full of change and my pretty much all metal vape mod.
The one time I set it off I joked with the guy behind me that they've finally put some batteries in the metal detectors as that's the first time I've set them off, he said it was the same for him.
Also it seems most of the time young kids are exempt from the metal detectors, not sure why that is, it's not like they are patting us down.
Surely that's a security risk in its self?
I'm all for the security measures, even queueing in the rain doesn't bother me, after all as long as it means we're that little bit more safe, I'm good.
Unfortunately this is now part of the fucked up world we all live in.
But come on City, if your gonna do security checks at least do them properly.

Are you sure you’ve been? Numerous posts are complaining about attitudes etc.

I’ll wear what the fuck I want.

I've been a damn site more than you you fucking miserable ****!! No wonder you think they're being rude if you can't handle a joke about your hat.

Maybe that's why you can't pull a bird. Wearing shit hat's?

Nailed it.

Away end at Leicester this year had sniffer dogs which they claimed were for drugs and flares. I was also told that the same firm have worked at City for years. Didn't like it when I told them that they obviously don't work well in keeping out drugs and flares. Also sniffer dogs at Newcastle

Brighton and everton had sniffer dogs too

Terrorist strikes are unlikely to occur within a stadium bowl, its more likely to occur outside when we queue up in our thousands pre match, and likewise leave on mass. Fleeing pedestrians causes absolute panic and mayhem, shooters pick you off and can disappear. They're preventing a bomber by searching, not a number of mass shooter/s, and the likelihood of numberous coordinated bombers getting into a stadium is pretty unlikely. Hence the likelihood of attacks outside before or after.

Terrorist strikes are unlikely to occur within a stadium bowl, its more likely to occur outside when we queue up in our thousands pre match, and likewise leave on mass. Fleeing pedestrians causes absolute panic and mayhem, shooters pick you off and can disappear. They're preventing a bomber by searching, not a number of mass shooter/s, and the likelihood of numberous coordinated bombers getting into a stadium is pretty unlikely. Hence the likelihood of attacks outside before or after.
You have obviously thought about this in detail. You are not gonna go postal on us are you?
I know the last few matches haven’t been great but we still have 6 matches to win the league. ;-)

Thank fuck we're not going to Kiev now. There's no way I'd get my RPG-7 through security.

Last night and on Saturday as I got to the concourse at the top of 125 there was a sniffer dog............... I wondered if it was after the journalists who sit there!!! Maybe they were checking for drugs on them!! The rubbish some of them write they could be on drugs! (only allegedly so @Ric doesn't get into trouble) :-)

The labrador? It''s an explosives dog that one. Seen it a couple of times when heading out the stadium that way.

At the game the other night the wand failed to pick up my keys, electric fag and my mobile phone all in a front pouch type pocket of my coat

Same with me. I run a Coach to games & have at least £30 in £coins in jeans back pocket. Never been 'wanded up' ..to include keys, spare reading glasses, phone in a leather case & Brandy in metal topped plastic minitures!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.