Sedation and colonoscopy

Manc in London

Following a bout of food poisoning three months, I have continued to have issues. Since picking up the food poisoning, I have had the fortune of losing, involuntarily, 20lbs or so. Anyway, that’s of no interest to anyone. All of this on top of long-term stomach issues following treatment for H Pylori and gastritis. All rather unpleasant. At least I know have some resemblance of pecs…..every cloud. Even my slim fit trousers and shirts are baggy.

Following a visit to the doc I have been fast-tracked through to a consultant and this Saturday I will be having a colonoscopy (meaning I won’t be able to eat for 27 hours or so and I will have to neck a plenty of Moviprep). The joys. I have been told that I will be sedated during the procedure. Not keen on sedation. When offered it for wisdom tooth extraction I asked for ‘local’ only and it ended up taking the dentist an hour to remove just one the troublesome teeth.

Anyway, has anyone had the pleasure of being sedated and/or having a colonoscopy? I would be interested to hear about what sedation feels like and the after effects of the procedure.

How long does it take to recover from the sedation?

What does sedation feel like?

Will I want to gorge down food following the procedure?

Any information from fellow Blues would be much appreciated.

Following a bout of food poisoning three months, I have continued to have issues. Since picking up the food poisoning, I have had the fortune of losing, involuntarily, 20lbs or so. Anyway, that’s of no interest to anyone. All of this on top of long-term stomach issues following treatment for H Pylori and gastritis. All rather unpleasant. At least I know have some resemblance of pecs…..every cloud. Even my slim fit trousers and shirts are baggy.

Following a visit to the doc I have been fast-tracked through to a consultant and this Saturday I will be having a colonoscopy (meaning I won’t be able to eat for 27 hours or so and I will have to neck a plenty of Moviprep). The joys. I have been told that I will be sedated during the procedure. Not keen on sedation. When offered it for wisdom tooth extraction I asked for ‘local’ only and it ended up taking the dentist an hour to remove just one the troublesome teeth.

Anyway, has anyone had the pleasure of being sedated and/or having a colonoscopy? I would be interested to hear about what sedation feels like and the after effects of the procedure.

I had a camera shoved up my dick... Really I did

A numbing gel on the end of my old man, lubricant washed down through the Japs Eye, then the camera rammed inside

I have to say it was the most uncomfortable procedure I've ever had the displeasure of. And that includes a cataract operation and a detached retina op, both undertaken with local anaesthetics

I know this information is no help whatsoever OP, but I just wanted to share

I'm sat at home talking to my dad who goes tomorrow afternoon fir this. Ate at 12 and no food now till tomorrow afternoon so he's a bit grumpy already. He isn't being sedated though, it was an option, but he decided against it. Can you not opt against the sedation?

Is it a full colonoscopy, or just a sigmoid?
I had the sigmoid one 3 months ago, without sedation. A bit uncomfortable, but that's all.
As for eating afterwards, just go steady and don't pig out. It takes 2 to 3 days to refill the bowels, so exercise some restraint.

I wouldn't bother I have it done 4 times had sedation first time but didn't bother for other 3 didn't notice much difference

I wouldn't bother I have it done 4 times had sedation first time but didn't bother for other 3 didn't notice much difference

So the sedation offers no relief or it isn't that bad just having the procedure with a 'local'?

Had a sigmoidiscope thingy recently. A bit unpleasant with the air they pump in but no big deal and you can leave straight after without sedation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.