Seeing players in strange places

Fred Trueman in the portaloos at the Derby, horse race that is.

Not football but went watching Lancashire Vs Worcestershire in a cup semi final at New Road back in 2003. It was one of the hottest days of the year and I was queueing up for an ice cream and I got a tap on my shoulder. When I turned round it was only cricket legend Richie Benaud who was doing commentary for channel 4 and he asked me could I break a £5 note. I told him don't worry and I bought him 2 ice creams. He then stayed and chatted with me for about 5 minutes talking about cricket and I got his autograph. Absolute gentleman he was

Saw gerrard wiekens in a toilet at a match years ago.

Also stood in front of Kevin horlock at the swamp a few years back but I'm not sure that counts as a strange place.

*edit - the swamp is a very strange place but probably not strange in the way the op intended

When at school we were taken to a circus trip, during the interval Neil McNabb & Bryan Robson suddenly appeared to sign autographs for 15mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.